Notices

Any idea's here?

Old 04-20-2011, 09:33 AM   #1
Slowoldman is on a distinguished road
Name: John
Slowoldman's Tacoma Gallery
Any idea's here?

Hi Guys and Gals,
I own a 05 Tacoma 4X4 TRD Sport packaged DC LB. Bout it 3,000 miles ago with 70K on her. I performed my first service myself, found the L/F strut leaking, steering rack leaking, and I have developed a intermittent crank "no start" condition. But thanks to this forum I now have a TSB for the no start for an ECM reflash (possible fix) But I am starting to think this truck had it's A$$ beat for the first portion of it's life. I have been hearing an engine tick (not related to the other issues found on this forum) It's starts at approx. 120 degrees and will go away and come back at approx. 173 degrees where it will stay and be constant. O/K I have an appointment with the Toyota dealership I purchased this from on January 2011 tomorrow. They have made no promises but agreed to look at my truck and determine needed repairs. I love my truck, but I am debating if I should ask them to buy it back, take a little loss and regroup and buy a different truck to keep for good. I am "thinking not hoping" someone on here has been through similar SH@T and gave give me some advise. Thanks guys for having an awesome forum and an abundance of good information. Have a Blessed Easter weekend.

Sincerely,
Slowoldman
Old 04-20-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Listen to your inner voice. You're probably right. Used vehicles are a gamble. If it walks like a Duck...

See what they say about the ticking. Hope the reflash works and everything turns out OK but if you smell a Rat I would seriously consider trading/selling it (at another Dealer and say nothing about the truck other than maybe "It's so good I'd like a new one") and buy a new one if you can swing it and be done with it.

It could get expensive fixing other peoples problems.

I hope it turns out ok.

Steve
Old 04-20-2011, 09:50 PM   #3
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
All 2nd gens "tick". It is unnerving, but apparently normal.

As for the front, hopefully you can get a few new parts up there and then have a solid truck for another 100K miles.

Go hassle the dealer again and see what happens, then determine what to do next.