1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any idea's here?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Slowoldman, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Apr 20, 2011 at 8:33 AM
    Slowoldman

Slowoldman [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    05 Toyota Tacoma 4WD SR5 DCLB
    No mods Yet, just purchased, keep an eye out for them. :)
    Hi Guys and Gals,
    I own a 05 Tacoma 4X4 TRD Sport packaged DC LB. Bout it 3,000 miles ago with 70K on her. I performed my first service myself, found the L/F strut leaking, steering rack leaking, :mad: and I have developed a intermittent crank "no start" condition. But thanks to this forum I now have a TSB for the no start for an ECM reflash (possible fix) But I am starting to think this truck had it's A$$ beat for the first portion of it's life. :( I have been hearing an engine tick (not related to the other issues found on this forum) It's starts at approx. 120 degrees and will go away and come back at approx. 173 degrees where it will stay and be constant. O/K I have an appointment with the Toyota dealership I purchased this from on January 2011 tomorrow. They have made no promises but agreed to look at my truck and determine needed repairs. I love my truck, but I am debating if I should ask them to buy it back, take a little loss and regroup and buy a different truck to keep for good. I am "thinking not hoping" someone on here has been through similar SH@T and gave give me some advise. Thanks guys for having an awesome forum and an abundance of good information. Have a Blessed Easter weekend.

Sincerely,
    Slowoldman

2. Apr 20, 2011 at 5:46 PM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    Listen to your inner voice. You're probably right. Used vehicles are a gamble. If it walks like a Duck...

See what they say about the ticking. Hope the reflash works and everything turns out OK but if you smell a Rat I would seriously consider trading/selling it (at another Dealer and say nothing about the truck other than maybe "It's so good I'd like a new one") and buy a new one if you can swing it and be done with it.

It could get expensive fixing other peoples problems.

I hope it turns out ok.

Steve

3. Apr 20, 2011 at 8:50 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    All 2nd gens "tick". It is unnerving, but apparently normal.

As for the front, hopefully you can get a few new parts up there and then have a solid truck for another 100K miles.

Go hassle the dealer again and see what happens, then determine what to do next.

Products Discussed in

To Top