Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Wind noise drivers window, or back window?

Old 04-20-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
RacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Adamo
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
Wind noise drivers window, or back window?

It's driving me nuts, its a small wind noise, but cant pinpoint it. Is this common guys? Am I just being too picky?

Also, my truck is 4x4, its my first 4x4. Sometimes when Im driving, it feels uh, clunky... like when I accelerate quickly it feels like Im on a gravel road, tiny bumps, (not slippery). Is this at all weird?

Adamo
Old 04-20-2011, 01:22 PM   #2
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
my truck gets the same wind noise from drivers door/window. if you push on the window when driving it goes away a little bit. not sure if getting thicker weatherstripping will help out or not. i usually just turn the music up but it is annoying knowing its there.

my 4x4 feels fine.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:23 PM   #3
SuperTacoma will become famous soon enoughSuperTacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Clint
SuperTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have a little wind noise but I thought it was my ventshades so I live with it.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:24 PM   #4
Molon Labe
CoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: now Paramedic/Firefighter
CoalMedic's Tacoma Gallery
I hear wind noise as well. Sounds like it's coming from the rear passenger side, possibly in the split rear window, but I can't pinpoint it. There's no leaks when it rains, so I just turn up the radio.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:28 PM   #5
Hi-Tech Rednek
::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
::childstoy::'s Tacoma Gallery
I believe they all do it... Both of my 2nd Gens have done it. A friend of mine did have a problem where the seal in his windshield started to separate. The noise was very loud though.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:36 PM   #6
RacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Adamo
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
ive been wondering if its the little metal like tab on the rubber window ledges on the outside, above the door, below the glass, theres one on each window, and they are bent a tiny bit out, so I am wondering if thats it? Like a damn whistle, lol
Adamo
Old 04-20-2011, 01:39 PM   #7
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
ya i got it too. i only hear it when the front driver window is halfway down
Old 04-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #8
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
I had a wind noise that sounded like it was in the passenger front door, near the door handle.
It was louder when outside temp was lower.
Looked, pushed, wiggled....finally a friend of mine riding in the passenger seat squeezed the mirror trim tighter to the door frame outside-presto! Noise gone.
Turns out, the black plastic mirror housing has separated slightly from the door frame.
I ran a bead of clear silicone caulk in the gap and the noise is gone.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:25 PM   #9
eckcessive is on a distinguished road

Name: Ken
eckcessive's Tacoma Gallery
i've got the noise coming from driver window, if i push on window in upper left corner it goes away. not sure how to get rid of it, it is annoying.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:38 PM   #10
jtTaco is on a distinguished road
jtTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Had the wind noise as well. Sounded like a kazoo on the freeway at 70+. Just had the windshield resealed last week and so far it seems to have fixed the problem.

Not sure about the "clunky" feeling you're describing.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:47 AM   #11
kb1jop is a splendid one to beholdkb1jop is a splendid one to beholdkb1jop is a splendid one to beholdkb1jop is a splendid one to beholdkb1jop is a splendid one to beholdkb1jop is a splendid one to beholdkb1jop is a splendid one to behold

Name: Rick
kb1jop's Tacoma Gallery
Driver door window [on DC] for sure...

Starts at about 40mph and noise increases with speed. It's definitely not the roof rack which has it's own [expected] at highways speeds. On my list to have the dealer check out next time I'm there.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:08 AM   #12
stevewhitmore is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
stevewhitmore's Tacoma Gallery
I am taking mine in today for the same annoying wind noise in my 2011 DC from the drivers door.
I have siliconed every crack and used extra weather stripping to no avail
Old 05-05-2014, 02:56 PM   #13
lubdo9 is on a distinguished road
lubdo9's Tacoma Gallery
2013 Tacoma Noise

I have a 2013 Tacoma access cab TRD
The wind noise is driving me crazy. comes from rear of cab and sounds like a window is open. gets worse with cross winds, have seen a few solutions on here but haven't seen any on the newer 2013.
Took it to dealer and they adjusted doors and told me that it was normal to to have some noise.
I had a 2007 Tundra Double cab and it was very quiet.

Any suggestions
Old 05-16-2014, 05:55 PM   #14
bueller has a spectacular aura aboutbueller has a spectacular aura aboutbueller has a spectacular aura about

bueller's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a short clip of the wind noise I'm getting. It alternates between both front doors and it's coming from the door seals. I can push on the door and change the tone of the noise. This video was from a 2 hour drive and it did it all the way home. I've had it at the dealer three times now only to be told there's nothing they can do for me. I contacted Toyota about it and finally got a call back today. They're having me take it to a third dealership and monitoring the outcome to find a fix. I'll believe it when I see it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPf2bcEnB0
Old 05-16-2014, 06:02 PM   #15
41magmag41 is on a distinguished road
Name: jim
41magmag41's Tacoma Gallery
I to am getting the wind noise in my 2014 double cab. Its in the corner of the drivers door near my left ear. When I push on the door with my finger on the gasket seal it quits. I to will be having the dealer look at it on my frist 5000 mile service.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:34 PM   #16
potstech is on a distinguished road
Navy: ETC
potstech's Tacoma Gallery
Also have the wind noise. Dealer replaced a gasket near the grill. No luck. Changed out the grill and said it was fixed. Sorry wrong again. When I take it in this time someone is going for a drive at 60 mph and then they can tell me they fixed it. Then they can keep it until it is fixed. No way should this amount of wind be considered normal in any vehicle.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:09 PM   #17
zengineer is on a distinguished road

Name: Jerott
zengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41magmag41 View Post
I to am getting the wind noise in my 2014 double cab. Its in the corner of the drivers door near my left ear. When I push on the door with my finger on the gasket seal it quits. I to will be having the dealer look at it on my frist 5000 mile service.
ive tried all the fixes people mention on this thread..303, wax, tape, none of this shit works..drives me nuts!!
Old 07-07-2014, 06:07 PM   #18
karmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Trevor
karmatp's Tacoma Gallery
Crazy, mine is pretty quiet. I actually think it is quieter than my Camry that I traded it to get my Tacoma.

bueller, that would drive my crazy also.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:37 AM   #19
41magmag41 is on a distinguished road
Name: jim
41magmag41's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy

Took it in for the 5000 mile service and was told by the dealer the wind noise and rust spots on the frame had to be okayed by toy rep. Since when do minor warranty issues have to be okayed by corp. 7000 miles and still waiting for dealer rep to give me a ruling..