Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

drive shaft greasing question

Old 04-20-2011, 05:38 PM   #1
kauai808boy is on a distinguished road

kauai808boy's Tacoma Gallery
drive shaft greasing question

hi i have a 2007 extra cab tacoma 4wd off road and decide to grease my drive shaft and i only found 3 grease zerks 1 in the front 1 in the middle and 3rd at the end of the drive shaft and each zerk is located on all three yolks

i have the chilton repair manual and the pic on where to grease the drive shaft doesn't even look like the one on my truck

so my question is there any other spots on the drive shaft other than the 3 i just did or anywere else on the truck that has too be greased?
Old 04-20-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
all.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

all.on.black's Tacoma Gallery
There are two on the front drive shaft at each u joint.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:51 PM   #4
Living the dream !!!
mountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mountainwolfpup's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Yahoo to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Skype™ to mountainwolfpup
2WD has sealed with zero zerks - no need to grease your shaft

Prerunner has three zerk points

4WD has five. Total of 5 should be the same for all the 4x4 models, regardless of cab size. On the rear there are three and they are on the outside of the u-joints. On the front there are two and they are inside the u-joints. Easy to locate as you can rotate your shaft. The bitch to reach is the rear zerk on the front prop shaft. It requires the removal of the heat shield to get to the zerk fitting.

Hope that helps.