Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need to be wider, don't wanna be taller

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2011, 09:01 PM   #41
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JU Boi View Post
cool man, thanks for the follow up
no prob man
Old 04-21-2011, 07:01 AM   #42
What could go wrong?
Biff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to all

Biff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i have looked high and low about the total cost of a project similar to this, if its okay with you i would like to ask you what this ran you total, install and everything.
If i remember it was just under $2000 total. $800 for wheels, just under $600 for tires, $200 for shocks, $400 install, balance and align.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:10 AM   #43
JU Boi is on a distinguished road
JU Boi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8BY86AO5Bs

he wants to be taller, maybe u can chat with him
Hilarious stuff wolfpack. i like the extra effort my man
Old 04-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #44
SilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Zack
SilverTacoZack's Tacoma Gallery
I know you said you can't afford lift + tires, but maybe you can afford just wheels/tires? My truck has no lift on it but I think it definitely looks bigger after removing the mud flaps and putting on 285/60/18 tires, and my tire do stick out a bit from the truck.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #45
JU Boi is on a distinguished road
JU Boi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTacoZack View Post
I know you said you can't afford lift + tires, but maybe you can afford just wheels/tires? My truck has no lift on it but I think it definitely looks bigger after removing the mud flaps and putting on 285/60/18 tires, and my tire do stick out a bit from the truck.
Ya, now we are talking zack. what is your backspacing if any? what size wheels are those?
Old 04-21-2011, 01:27 PM   #46
SilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Zack
SilverTacoZack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ya, now we are talking zack. what is your backspacing if any? what size wheels are those?
They are 18x9's, with 4.5 backspace and -12 offset. You can do these with no lift whatsover, all you have to do is two super small cuts with dremel. Look at the following pic to see where I marked in Microsoft Paint in red, where the pieces I cut off used to be:

Here's a pic I took when I still had mudflaps on so you can see how they stick out.

And here's one without 'em:

Products Discussed in this Thread