Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Just fixed driveline vibration!!!For free!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-10-2011, 10:44 AM   #41
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! I see how it works now..

I had the shim in there before and it actually made more vibes...
So I dont want to put it back in... maybe I can try the 180 degree flip on the CB and see what that changes...

I have a Beefed Taco CB drop coming soon. I hope that cures my shudder at 40-50mph.....
Old 05-10-2011, 11:49 AM   #42
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Well it didnt help anything for me. It actually gave me a slight take off vibe I never had...

Im just ganna wait for my Beefed Taco CB drop..
Hope it cures my vibes!
Old 05-10-2011, 01:54 PM   #43
Erll is a splendid one to beholdErll is a splendid one to beholdErll is a splendid one to beholdErll is a splendid one to beholdErll is a splendid one to beholdErll is a splendid one to beholdErll is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Navy Nuke MM2, USS Albany
Name: My Name is Erll
Erll's Tacoma Gallery
if changing the cb gave you the take off vibe, then i would say you will probably need an axle shim.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:38 PM   #44

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
tryed it, and I still had a shudder at 40-50mph.....
Old 05-11-2011, 09:45 AM   #45
Erll is a splendid one to beholdErll is a splendid one to beholdErll is a splendid one to beholdErll is a splendid one to beholdErll is a splendid one to beholdErll is a splendid one to beholdErll is a splendid one to behold

Erll's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzr2 View Post
if i understand this correctly, on my reg cab single piece ds i should have only to be sure the output at the tcase and the input at the rear diff are parallel? i recently added a 1 inch block to the rear and there was absolutely no change to the vibe drone hum at 60-65 as when it was stock.

I am not sure if the single piece is a double cardigan or a single type shaft. There is a post earlier that shows if it has a double joint at the T-case then the diff joint needs to be 0 but if it only has a single joint at the t-case then the diff needs to be parallel with the t-case output
Old 05-11-2011, 09:57 AM   #46
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
....intresting..very intresting!
Old 05-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #47

Erll's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzr2 View Post
it is single joint at the tcase on the reg cabs, i'm asking around for a degree finder and will see what i come up with. thanks again.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:20 AM   #48
Frostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Frostbyte's Tacoma Gallery
subbed
Old 05-11-2011, 12:49 PM   #50
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETaco23 View Post
So If you Flip the CB and use the CB spacer's. Do you have to use the rear shims to get angle correct?
What if you dont use the shims. will the angle then be worse then before?
Impossible to say unless we know the current angles. MEASURE then use MATH to fix. There is no general rule and you should not haphazardly try different things.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:46 PM   #51
????????????
225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed

225nontypical's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETaco23 View Post
huh.... im ganna have to try this sometime.... I have a annoying vibe/shudder around 45-50mph... Its not that bad, but it can be annoying.
mine does the same thing now that i had the TSB done and i still have an AAL. what is funny is i did not have it when i just had the AAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvacbmac View Post
Yep I have the rear spring TSB wich raises the rear a little over stock plus the rear add-a-leaf for the lift. Just got back home from a trip down I-5 and hit anywhere form 0-78 mph no driveline shake except for the slight shudder @ 0-7 mph that I need to work on w/ trans mount. Long road trips will be much better, hope this solves a few of your guys' problems!
i see you are in the northwest, where are you located? would you mind helping a me out checking mine and fixing it? i can bring some beer!
Old 05-11-2011, 11:15 PM   #53
hvacbmac has a spectacular aura abouthvacbmac has a spectacular aura abouthvacbmac has a spectacular aura about
hvacbmac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 225nontypical View Post
mine does the same thing now that i had the TSB done and i still have an AAL. what is funny is i did not have it when i just had the AAL.

i see you are in the northwest, where are you located? would you mind helping a me out checking mine and fixing it? i can bring some beer!
Like the beer idea but it wont help out my lack out of time and the honey do list thats getting bigger! I'm in the eugene area may be able to help out if you give up your hunting spot area! I've got a few nice deer but need one like the big boy in the pic.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:11 AM   #55
racer1x is on a distinguished road
racer1x's Tacoma Gallery
Lifted 2" with Deaver springs- no axle shims <vibration>. Put in 2 degree axle shims <slight vibration, but much better>. Put in OME CB drop <no difference>. Flipped CB <no vibrations>

This did work for my application.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:17 PM   #56
racer1x is on a distinguished road
racer1x's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
When you flipped the CB, did you keep the OME CB drop or get rid of it?
Left it out
Old 06-09-2011, 07:14 AM   #57
blkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blkbelt42's Tacoma Gallery
so, ANY lift you give this thing results in vibration issues?

I was thinking either a level kit or the 5100's on the front just to level things
off but not if this is the case.

I went through too much with the Titan I just sold for similar reasons.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #58
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
So i did my lift this weekend, and now have a slight shutter/vibration from 0-35MPH. Not very annoying, but noticeable. what was the final verdict on flipping the CB.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:03 AM   #59
blkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blkbelt42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
So i did my lift this weekend, and now have a slight shutter/vibration from 0-35MPH. Not very annoying, but noticeable. what was the final verdict on flipping the CB.
glad I haven't done anything yet.

Products Discussed in this Thread