LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Impressive handling

Old 05-17-2007, 06:45 AM   #1
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Impressive handling

For the first time yesterday i found a great trail. It's mostly dirt with very little mud. There is very little overhanging brush to scratch up my paint, and best of all, its long and VERY curvy. I popped her in four wheel drive and took off like a bat out of hell. I have the TRD so i knew my truck handled well but i had no idea just how well. I have stated in previous posts that i own an old beamer with bilstein sport suspension and it handles like a F1 car. having a car with bilstein is what attracted me to the TRD in the first place, i know from experience how good their suspension is. When you add 4 wheel drive into the equation the result is awesome! In 4 wheel drive my truck can take turns in loose dirt and gravel as fast as my beamer on a dry road. I was absolutely blown away. There was more than one instance when my stomach shot up into my throat and i knew i had pushed it too hard and my truck was gonna end up in a ditch, but she just stuck to the trail like glue and kept on goin'. I have never been in a truck with so little body roll in the turns but still has enough play to handle bumpy terrain at high speeds with no problem. To put it simply i'm amazed! There is really no point to this thread, i just wanted to express my extreme appreciation for what Toyota has done with their racing development models. I'm now curious to see how Xrunner owners and TRD sport owners like their trucks on the road. I'd like to hear any feedback from any other taco owners regarding their thoughts on their trucks handling abilities, on or off road.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:17 PM   #2
billbob is on a distinguished road
billbob's Tacoma Gallery
no trd.

I don't have a trd model, just sr5. but i will say i am pleased with the handling for what it is. aside from saving money there, i was content without a trd model because about half of my driving is on poorly maintained dirt roads. every vehicle i've been in with sport suspension (granted, no trd tacomas) is terrible in deeply pot-holed or wash-boarded roads, especially concerning that rear-end drift on wash-board roads. anyway, without the trd my suspension is loose enough to keep the tires on the dirt. i'd be interested to see how the trd would do. and of course, the standard suspension is nothing special in most other driving conditions, especially on-road.

lastly, does anyone know if the only difference in trd suspension over stock is the shocks? or do they have differences elsewhere...springs, steering linkage bushings, etc? and do trd sport and trd off-road have the same suspensions?