Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toyota investigator coming to look at my truck?

Old 04-22-2011, 12:05 PM   #21
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlefin View Post
Find another dealer.

This...They should not have problems with it because Toyota pays them anyways.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:08 PM   #22
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Tell them the quad is broken if the investigator shows up. It's still pretty low to send someone to test it out
Old 04-22-2011, 12:24 PM   #23
lwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to all
lwszabo's Tacoma Gallery
does my 2006 tacoma with 66,000 miles qualify? bought it used!!!
Old 04-22-2011, 12:27 PM   #24
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwszabo View Post
does my 2006 tacoma with 66,000 miles qualify? bought it used!!!
Unless you have an extended factory warranty, no. I'll sell you my TSB set though :P
Old 04-22-2011, 02:22 PM   #25
????????????
225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed

225nontypical's Tacoma Gallery
see first post for update, all tsb's will be done. that is some good news
Old 04-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #26
Banned
Kingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarines-Sonar Tech
Kingfrog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICOMA View Post
This...They should not have problems with it because Toyota pays them anyways.
But they expose themselves to two possible negitive issues to Corporate..

1. They HAVE to survey you after service and surveys carry a lot of weight.
2. The get measured on the warranty work they DON'T bill Toyota for.

This is why I believe they hesitate when doing warranty work that may not be necessary, as opposed to a towed in unworking vehicle)this was clearly a case of "My warranty is expiring, better get some TSBs done just in case they affect me someday" That is not the purpose of them.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:29 PM   #27
jammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant future

Name: James
jammdogg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to jammdogg
225, was it a PDX Metro dealership? I had my done at Royal Moore in Hillsboro. They sent the service manager out to look at it, then ordered the parts. The service "advisors" would not look at it, and even went so far as to say that some of the TSB's (tailgate) did not apply to my VIN.

I had very good luck at Beaverton Toyota. The service advisor looked up the TSB, and my VIN, and offered to take care of it should my dealer not want to.

Good luck.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:34 PM   #28
thebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thebottomline's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfrog View Post

This is why I believe they hesitate when doing warranty work that may not be necessary, as opposed to a towed in unworking vehicle)this was clearly a case of "My warranty is expiring, better get some TSBs done just in case they affect me someday" That is not the purpose of them.
Not so sure about this one. I had it done no questions asked, but never had a survey or anything after. Also I suspect they will be more suspicious of people who already have lifts. It would seem to me like these people want the additional height, as opposed to actually having a problem with bottoming out or poor ride quality. It may not be true but I can see them thinking that...
Old 04-22-2011, 02:36 PM   #29
????????????
225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfrog View Post

take it as you want and yes i worded it that way but to be very honest i have been trying to get the rear spring TSB done for a long time but kept getting told no, the steering has been driving me nuts but i just found out about the TSB. no it was not they might affect me, it was more of shit my warranty is about to be up and i need to figure out how to get these done because this truck is driving my nuts on logging roads and when loaded down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammdogg View Post
225, was it a PDX Metro dealership? I had my done at Royal Moore in Hillsboro. They sent the service manager out to look at it, then ordered the parts. The service "advisors" would not look at it, and even went so far as to say that some of the TSB's (tailgate) did not apply to my VIN.

I had very good luck at Beaverton Toyota. The service advisor looked up the TSB, and my VIN, and offered to take care of it should my dealer not want to.

Good luck.
no i took it south of Salem, and like i said it appears they are taking care of it, with no problems. they will get all my service work from now on.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:38 PM   #30
RyanPont is on a distinguished road
RyanPont's Tacoma Gallery
Can I ask a dumb question, Ive read up on some of the TSB threads, What is TSB stand for?
Old 04-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #31
Thucker is on a distinguished road
Thucker's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know where in Oregon you are, but Gladstone Toyota doesn't give me any hassle.

If you tell them there's a TSB for it, they'll look it up and do it for you. Had my leafspring done, no hassle. Going to get the 1st - 2nd gear hard upshift TSB done.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:30 AM   #32
thebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thebottomline's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanPont View Post
Can I ask a dumb question, Ive read up on some of the TSB threads, What is TSB stand for?

technical service bulletin
Identified common complaints for which toyota engineering has devised a fix for. This is not the same as a recall, and is done if your truck is under original warranty.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:14 AM   #33
bigcoffinhunter is on a distinguished road
bigcoffinhunter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
They all suck, Dealerships are all about the $$$And Toyota is not what it was ten ago,#1 in the world wont last long if head is not removed from ass soon. Hope toyota is reading this!! Jim
I think it's quite obvious just from this threat that they all don't suck. Some dealers suck, some don't. It's been that way since cars were first being sold.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:30 AM   #34
Lonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud of

Lonewolf's Tacoma Gallery
Sure the OP could find another dealer but why should he have to?
If Toyota puts shitty parts on their trucks an issue a TSB there should be zero B.S. If a paying customer requests the TSB it should be done. Period!
I really don't care about the dealer's hardships or costs for doing the work, people should get a truck that is capable for use as described in the specs. including payload and ride quality.
Toyota better get it's act together on things like this.
If any other auto maker comes out with a comparable quality truck, their market share will plummet.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:13 AM   #35
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
This subject has been brought up over and over again, with some dealers doing it and others fighting you to do it. Especially considering the issues Toyota has gone thru recently, all you have to do is pull the "safety card" out. No screaming and fighting, just state as others have mentioned the harsh ride, but stress the potential safety concerns you have when you have any weight in the truck. Just tell them with less then half of the payload allowance in the bed, it seems very dangerous or unstable to drive, especially at highway speeds. Trust me, if you speak to the service manager about your safety concerns with the vehicle, he will tell the regional mgr the story and the parts will be ordered.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:12 PM   #36
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
The dealer here in town told me that corporate has to approve anything they do under warranty. In my case it was a clutch job, so there may be a dollar amount that triggers that. They didn't even drive my truck, they scheduled a day for me to drop it off and have their "regional rep" (technician) drive it. He drove it, heard the noise it was making and approved the work. I have no complaints how I was treated.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:59 AM   #37
hetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud of
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
I got approved for the TSB on the rear springs yesterday...brought it down on the way to work, drank coffee for an hour, and left with an approval and a promise to call next week when the parts came in.

Far easier and cheaper than rebuilting the springpack myself.

Howard
Old 05-12-2011, 05:49 AM   #38
xpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xpert1111's Tacoma Gallery
Passed by the dealer last night for a new owner/thank you for buying a toyota rah -rah event. I told them I wanted the harsh ride tsb done and he 1st thing the service mgr tells me is that I just can't come in requesting a tsb done. He tells me I need evidence and a mechanic needs to inspect it to see if a problem exists. I told him I put 4 bags of cement mix back there and I bottom out. He says they still have to inspct it. Im not getting a good feeling they will approve this. Anyone have the corporate number to call before they inspect it in 2 weeks?
Old 05-12-2011, 08:24 AM   #39
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 225nontypical View Post
so i think i am getting feed a line of BS but here is what happened.
my truck has 30,000 miles on it and i am trying to get some of the TSB's done before my warranty runs out.
yesterday i dropped it off to get the oil changed, have them look at my truck to get a couple of the TSB's done. so i show up and handed them the print out for the leaf spring TSB and the intermediate steering shaft TSB. I was then told that a Toyota investigator would have to come out and test my truck to see if it had any "enough" of problem to be covered???? they wanted to know the exact weight at which the truck would sag and how rough the ride was. so i told them that when i load my quad in the back it happens, so the service manger googles my quad and it's weight so he can tell the investigator so he can use that weight in his test.

i am just in shock this is crazy, the last thing the service manager told me was out of the 19 truck they have had come in only 1 has been approved for the rear spring TSB!!!!!!!!!!!!
them we started talking about the VSC going off and they guy blamed my wheels and tires????? he told me even if i get it re-calibrated again it would only make a small difference if any at all.

i am really starting to hate dealers and Toyota, but i love my truck (even with all of it's little problems.

OK rant over

OK just got a call all TSB's taken in for parts have been ordered and will be done once they receive the parts.

so i think i just found my new service dealership. funny thing i ask what the inspector said, the answer i got was he did not come out this time.

all i know is they are getting it done for me that is awesome.

wait, re-calibrated? who and or how was it calibrated?
Old 05-12-2011, 01:13 PM   #40
????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
wait, re-calibrated? who and or how was it calibrated?

maybe i should have said zeroed instead of re-calibrated. but the VSC (as i understand it) is controlled by a couple sensors (yaw and something else).

once you modify your truck those sensors need to be zeroed again. the dealer did this when i got my lift, and i have had it done twice more to try and make my truck not run me off the road on corners.

there is a way to do it on your own but i have not tried that yet.