Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toyota investigator coming to look at my truck?

Old 05-12-2011, 03:02 PM   #41
killzone90 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ethan
killzone90's Tacoma Gallery
I work at a dealership and i think ur dealership is a bad one.Ur tires will not affect ur vcs either
Old 05-12-2011, 03:22 PM   #42
xpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xpert1111's Tacoma Gallery
Just got a message from the wife. Service dept called and said parts on order and no need to come in for the inspection. Hmmmmm you think they read these message boards????
Old 05-12-2011, 08:20 PM   #43
Banned
Isthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Isthatahemi's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota is sure a customer service wonder......
Old 05-16-2011, 06:16 AM   #44
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 225nontypical View Post
maybe i should have said zeroed instead of re-calibrated. but the VSC (as i understand it) is controlled by a couple sensors (yaw and something else).

once you modify your truck those sensors need to be zeroed again. the dealer did this when i got my lift, and i have had it done twice more to try and make my truck not run me off the road on corners.

there is a way to do it on your own but i have not tried that yet.
zeroing, its funny to hear that from another regional dealer, mine tried that BS and unless they re-cal for larger tires the yaw and accelerometer sensor only read what they are designed to. and the ECU(s) calculate per your read speed. I have the same issue with turning medium right down hill at around 33-40 everyother condition I have no issue. I now turn off the "soccer mom control" all together.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:37 PM   #45
Tacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant future
Name: Terry
Tacozoid's Tacoma Gallery
Glad to hear that you've been heard. The squeeky wheel eeeerrrrraaaahhh spring get's the grease.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:45 PM   #46
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 225nontypical View Post
OK just got a call all TSB's taken in for parts have been ordered and will be done once they receive the parts.

so i think i just found my new service dealership. funny thing i ask what the inspector said, the answer i got was he did not come out this time.

all i know is they are getting it done for me that is awesome.
So you know what ... promote that dealer then. If they did right by you, put a good word out for them as thanks.

At my dealer, the first service tech I talked to was a complete ass, and lectured me on even asking about it, telling me it was their call and not even mine to bring up. But the next time I went in, I happend to draw the Service Manager as my rep, and upon just mentioning "leaf spring TSB" he said, "oh yeah, we've done a bunch of those. We'll do it for you." BOOM. That fast. And that was right in the middle of all the recall stuff too. So sometimes even at the same dealer, it's just a matter of getting the right guy.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:34 PM   #47
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Dealer did the TSB on my 2009 (after 2 trips) and it made a world of difference.

Now I have a 2011 and loaded it with bags of mulch yesterday and it was very low (maybe 500 lbs) ... really dread going through this again with another dealer ... but I have to.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:41 AM   #48
xpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My 2011 is in for the TSB. Will report within a few days.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:10 PM   #49

Forget a few days. Picked up truck today. Fast! Anyway definitely a difference in ride. Feels much more solid and I can't say the ride is better or worse but I like it. Its a truck and I haul a lot of stuff from time to time. Def worth getting done.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:22 PM   #50
romafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really nice
Army: 66H8A5K- 9a     so if you like visiting my page here, let me know what where you looking for.
Name: Rob
romafern's Tacoma Gallery
toyota investigator?????

is that the new name for those dumb assed after births?

Go some where else like everyone else told ya. Let us know how it goes...