Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toyota investigator coming to look at my truck?

Old 04-22-2011, 10:31 AM   #1
????????????
225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed

225nontypical's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota investigator coming to look at my truck? ***update***

so i think i am getting feed a line of BS but here is what happened.
my truck has 30,000 miles on it and i am trying to get some of the TSB's done before my warranty runs out.
yesterday i dropped it off to get the oil changed, have them look at my truck to get a couple of the TSB's done. so i show up and handed them the print out for the leaf spring TSB and the intermediate steering shaft TSB. I was then told that a Toyota investigator would have to come out and test my truck to see if it had any "enough" of problem to be covered???? they wanted to know the exact weight at which the truck would sag and how rough the ride was. so i told them that when i load my quad in the back it happens, so the service manger googles my quad and it's weight so he can tell the investigator so he can use that weight in his test.

i am just in shock this is crazy, the last thing the service manager told me was out of the 19 truck they have had come in only 1 has been approved for the rear spring TSB!!!!!!!!!!!!
them we started talking about the VSC going off and they guy blamed my wheels and tires????? he told me even if i get it re-calibrated again it would only make a small difference if any at all.

i am really starting to hate dealers and Toyota, but i love my truck (even with all of it's little problems.

OK rant over

OK just got a call all TSB's taken in for parts have been ordered and will be done once they receive the parts.

so i think i just found my new service dealership. funny thing i ask what the inspector said, the answer i got was he did not come out this time.

all i know is they are getting it done for me that is awesome.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:34 AM   #3
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
The TSB isn't gauranteed. It's just a documented fix for people who complain about it.

If they give you crap, load your quad up and bring it back up there and take them for a ride. Or go find another dealer.

They try to avoid TSB work because the mechanics don't get paid as much money for warranty work and the service advisor doesn't make commission off of warranty work.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:34 AM   #4
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlefin View Post
Find another dealer.
^^This.

Just got mine completed 2 days ago. When I first CALLED, they said they would have to test it. When I placed my 505lb motorcycle in the bed, took photos, and headed to the dealership everything was quickly taken care of. Didn't even have to show the photos.

Load up the quad and take photos. Don't worry. Good luck!
Old 04-22-2011, 10:34 AM   #5
????????????
225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i am on my 2nd one the first one told me it was all caused by my lift
Old 04-22-2011, 10:35 AM   #6
trdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant future

Name: Clay
trdr6's Tacoma Gallery
^ x2. I took mine in and asked for the leaf spring TSB to be done and they said OK. Picked it up the next day. Try all the dealers in your area. Good luck. You got a good lookin truck man.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:35 AM   #7
????????????

whats up with the whole investigator deal? is that just a line of BS trying to get out of it???
Old 04-22-2011, 10:35 AM   #8
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Yup, find another dealer. That's asinine. They should be all over this as corporate is paying for the labor and parts. I had no problem doing it on mine in AZ, either Tacoma. Just point out the bump stop wear and that should be more than enough to convince them.

As for the VSC, I have heard that larger wheels and tires can confuse the system.... but to be honest mine appears to be working just fine with 285/75/R16's.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:40 AM   #9
trdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant future

Name: Clay
trdr6's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yeah, call the corporate office. Another guy on here had a similar issue and called toyota's head office. Problem was taken care of immediately. He said the dealers attitude did a complete 180.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:40 AM   #10
????????????

the thing is i have no problem taking it in with the quad in the back or them testing it, what i find odd is the whole investigator part and idea that he has turned down 18 out of 19 according to the dealer???
have any of you ever even heard of a Toyota investigator coming out to test a truck before a TSB was approved?? i thought the dealers did the test and would recommend to fix or not?
Old 04-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #11
Expedition Style
sierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
sierrahsky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sierrahsky
Quote:
Originally Posted by 225nontypical View Post
whats up with the whole investigator deal? is that just a line of BS trying to get out of it???
Its not bs, HOWEVER on a tsb they are required to return all parts to TOYOTA corporate to receive a refund. If they do not do this the dealership has to eat the cost of the parts and labor. Also if they send the parts back and they are considered to be just fine, then toyota can choose to not refund the dealership.

I would say go to a smaller dealership and have them do it. Then you should be fine.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #12
You don't win friends with salad.
darkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

darkgreentaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

That sucks. My dealer actually asked me if I wanted mine done.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:43 AM   #13
Banned
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
They all suck, Dealerships are all about the $$$And Toyota is not what it was ten ago,#1 in the world wont last long if head is not removed from ass soon. Hope toyota is reading this!! Jim
Old 04-22-2011, 10:43 AM   #14
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlefin View Post
Find another dealer.
This ^^^^

And ask your dealer why the Canadian trucks come stock with the TSB springs .
Old 04-22-2011, 10:46 AM   #15
????????????

what kills me is look at the picture of my truck just with the cap it has the bro lean to it, that should say enough
Old 04-22-2011, 10:49 AM   #16
Junior Senior Member
warpwr has much to be proud ofwarpwr has much to be proud ofwarpwr has much to be proud ofwarpwr has much to be proud ofwarpwr has much to be proud ofwarpwr has much to be proud ofwarpwr has much to be proud ofwarpwr has much to be proud ofwarpwr has much to be proud ofwarpwr has much to be proud of

Army: Motor Pool
Name: Vaughn
warpwr's Tacoma Gallery
The 18 out of 19 is BS for sure, like he's keeping an ongoing mental account of them all. They just make that shit up as they go along, just like I am with this post.

Mention the exact words "HARSH RIDE" for the spring TSB, that's what they must hear.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:54 AM   #17
????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpwr View Post
The 18 out of 19 is BS for sure, like he's keeping an ongoing mental account of them all. They just make that shit up as they go along, just like I am with this post.

Mention the exact words "HARSH RIDE" for the spring TSB, that's what they must hear.
that is exactly what i told them but it did not really help. i am still waiting for a call to see what "the investigator" says,
Old 04-22-2011, 11:15 AM   #18
Banned
Kingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarines-Sonar Tech
Kingfrog's Tacoma Gallery
The cap probably is the issue. They likely don't believe you take that off every weekend to go quadding. It is up to you to prove you have an issue.In most case just making a claim won't work... Prove the issue and it will get done. Or just buy a good airbag system and have the best of bother worlds.

Plus they can see the warranty is coming up and have to assume the truth in why you are all of a sudden wanting all these "TSBS" that may or may not be required.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:19 AM   #19
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
mine is in getting the TSB today. I told him i was putting my bike inthe back it it was nearly bouncing off the bump stops. They didn't quesiton anything and are putting the new springs on.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:30 AM   #20
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i am on my 2nd one the first one told me it was all caused by my lift
I swear every dealership will try and pull this card