Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2005 Key Fob programming fail

Old 04-22-2011, 12:30 PM   #1
kspann has much to be proud ofkspann has much to be proud ofkspann has much to be proud ofkspann has much to be proud ofkspann has much to be proud ofkspann has much to be proud ofkspann has much to be proud ofkspann has much to be proud ofkspann has much to be proud ofkspann has much to be proud of

kspann's Tacoma Gallery
2005 Key Fob programming fail

All, I have tried about 35 times to get my wireless key fob programmed again. It was working fine and then I had to disassemble the dash and in turn disconnected the battery for about 48 hours. After that, it no longer worked so I had looked up how to program the remote and no luck.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong. To make it easy and avoid any loss in translation, I have uploaded a video of it not working. Not working meaning it never gives me the automatic lock-unlock to tell me it is ready to program

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImVcSAi0XFs
Old 04-22-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
try WeBuyRemotes.com worked for me.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:59 PM   #3
kspann has much to be proud ofkspann has much to be proud ofkspann has much to be proud ofkspann has much to be proud ofkspann has much to be proud ofkspann has much to be proud ofkspann has much to be proud ofkspann has much to be proud ofkspann has much to be proud ofkspann has much to be proud of

kspann's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerussell610 View Post
try WeBuyRemotes.com worked for me.
I dont think I am trying to sell my remote
Old 04-22-2011, 05:14 PM   #4

kspann's Tacoma Gallery
Unplugged the wireless receiver connector and plugged it back in and all is well.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:13 PM   #5
wirenut333 is on a distinguished road
wirenut333's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for posting that video...
I was having quite a problem w/ programming mine as well... Instructions on the website they gave me told me only to turn the key to "On" once.... Not Twice like I saw in your video! I tried your way, and Presto! I'm good to go!

Thanks for Helping me out!
-Scott

If anyone else has this problem, here is the website they gave me. http://programyourremote.com/classif...Ad.asp?id=1295
It's 99% correct, just make the small adjustment, and you'll be all set!
Old 06-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #6
McBean is on a distinguished road

McBean's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to McBean
Does my truck need key programming?

Hi all,
I just bought an '07 Tacoma DoubleCab TRD Sport Shortbed yesterday and after making my purchase and driving off the dealership lot the next day I I notice it has a problem. I can not use my key outside either door to lock or auto-unlock the doors. I can only manually lock the doors from the inside, and manually unlock the driver door from the outside, not passenger. I have searched all over the forum for this issue and have found some posts similar but concerning the power locks, some about programming (like this one), and others about the lock acctuator (*sp?), but not anything about manual lock/unlock issues like mine. So I don't know if its that the locks need to be programmed or that the motors are bad so it is refusing to let me manually lock/unlock from the outside. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 02-25-2014, 11:28 AM   #7
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Im just gonna bump this thread real quick. I bought an OEM key fob from a member and needed to program it to work with my truck. The link posted in this thread worked to PERFECTION.

TW ftw.