Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2005 CBR 1000 or 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO in short bed?

Old 04-22-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
iJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of light
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
2005 CBR 1000 or 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO in short bed?

Will the CBR 1000 fit the short bed straight on with tailgate down?

Will the 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV fit in there seperately?

Looking for a Tacoma so I can't just try it out...want to know if I should get short or long bed, thanks.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:27 PM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Oh no........

not at all
Old 04-22-2011, 06:35 PM   #3
What would Scooby do?
travelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
travelingman's Tacoma Gallery
Tape measure?
Old 04-22-2011, 08:25 PM   #4
iJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of light
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
I don't actually have a Tacoma yet so I can't really measure.

BTW, I mean each item in there one at a time...obviously not both at the same time LOL.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:07 AM   #5
What would Scooby do?
travelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
travelingman's Tacoma Gallery
Go to a dealer and measure the bed.Go home and measure the bikes.Make your decision.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:16 AM   #6
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
I have the long bed and my Honda Rancher atv fits in with the tailgate down. These tailgates don't feel too strong so I don't feel comfy doing this all the time.
That being said, I'm sure I saw people with short beds hauling biks and quads somewhere on this site. Hopefully they will chime in.

Here is a pic with my long bed. I have a board by the window to keep the quad from going through

Old 04-23-2011, 07:55 AM   #7
Country is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Lance Criminal, STA Plt.
Name: Country
Country's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJDub View Post
Will the CBR 1000 fit the short bed straight on with tailgate down?

Will the 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV fit in there too?

Looking for a Tacoma so I can't just try it out...want to know if I should get short or long bed, thanks.
Hey dude, I have a 2008 gsxr600 and it fits in my short bed with the tailgate down, and I also have a tool box in there as well
Old 04-23-2011, 07:58 AM   #8
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
BOTH WILL NOT FIT AT THE SAME TIME I THiNK THATS WHAT OP IS ASKING.......
Old 04-23-2011, 08:21 AM   #9
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
BOTH WILL NOT FIT AT THE SAME TIME I THiNK THATS WHAT OP IS ASKING.......
Oh god- I REALLY hope that's not what he was asking.
A 1000 might fit with the tire hanging out the back...Not sure that's what I'd do. Not sure about the sled either. If you are set on getting the shortbed- Get a small trailer that'll fit the toys. Or look at the long bed.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:23 AM   #10

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Oh god- I REALLY hope that's not what he was asking.
A 1000 might fit with the tire hanging out the back...Not sure that's what I'd do. Not sure about the sled either. If you are set on getting the shortbed- Get a small trailer that'll fit the toys. Or look at the long bed.
it sure seems like it....
Old 04-23-2011, 09:25 AM   #11
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Oh at the same time, my bad. It can't be possible
Old 04-23-2011, 11:33 AM   #12
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
No, I mean't seperately.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:47 AM   #13

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJDub View Post
No, I mean't seperately.
not sure about the quad....but the bike yes it will fit with the tailgate down
Old 04-24-2011, 07:58 AM   #14
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I think regardless if it fits or not I would much rather get a small trailer. I have a 5x8 utility trailer that I haul everything in. It is so much easier to haul and unload my riding lawnmower or two yards of bark in the trailer than trying to put them in the bed of the truck.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:16 AM   #15
Earthlings are fun to watch!
Goober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Get the tow package and a toy hauler.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:50 PM   #16
FriscoTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Philip
FriscoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
my ducati 1098s would fit..but back tire would be on the tail gate...so i bought the long bed that way i dont have to worry about it...still cant shut tail gate but back tire sits in bed.. that means alot to me
Old 04-25-2011, 08:32 AM   #17
Earthlings are fun to watch!
Goober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a photo with bikes in a long bed with the short bed next to it.
Attached Thumbnails
2005 CBR 1000 or 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO in short bed?-long-vs-short.jpg  
Old 04-25-2011, 08:34 AM   #18
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
I put my 600rr and my pit bike in the back all the time

They chill side by side
Old 04-25-2011, 08:42 AM   #19
speedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
speedfreek's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2006 CBR1000RR and it fits in the short bed with the tailgate down.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:19 PM   #20
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
Does the tire sit on the tailgate or the bed?