Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

A True Custom Side Exit Exhaust!

Old 04-26-2011, 06:28 AM   #21
Dean25 is a jewel in the roughDean25 is a jewel in the roughDean25 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Chris
Dean25's Tacoma Gallery
1. There are No Vibrations as this is using exhaust hangers in the right locations.

2. The tip is very very close to touching the plastic flare, although its close, its not touching.

3. The Tip gets HOT as does all exhaust, but the tip does not get hot enough to melt this flare.

I have no issues with flex, but im not flexin out since this is a 2wd PreRunner and will later be fitted with bulged fiberglass bedside and fenders

The Exhaust moves as it should and stays close to the frame so no issues yet. Video will be posted Thursday on YouTube then to here.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:00 PM   #22
Dean25 is a jewel in the roughDean25 is a jewel in the roughDean25 is a jewel in the rough
Dean25's Tacoma Gallery
Video Posted for now...Update is in order for sure on this setup, so I figure a nice set of long tube headers and mid section will make this setup complete. I love it cause its different yet has clean appearance with very easy install, and my tailpipe is no longer my lowest point on the truck. The frame is. Check it out though NOTE: to those guys out there who inspect these videos in and out, the hose clamp around part of the fram does not have anything to do with this system, and yes there is a bit of rust on the hangers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwDQhgMppoM
Old 04-28-2011, 02:17 PM   #23
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Dean I like it too-very good job too! Truly unique custom and always appreciate one who gives some attention to exhaust too I suggest at least keep that area of paint well-waxed, and do it more often because that moist hot gas does float across that surface-on a calm day when you are at a light, it will run up that fender a lot (my pipes do this so I have experience) my rear bumper started to show pitting at the wraparound due to exhaust, but I apply this glaze to my bumper and rear fender called "Glare" that is formulated to hold up to high temps like chrome exhaust, never had pitting again.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:31 PM   #24
musty40 is on a distinguished road

Name: Alan
musty40's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work, very clean!
Old 04-28-2011, 03:23 PM   #25
Dean25's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Ridgerunner, I will def do this. Im also looking into getting fiberglass bedsides and fenders so im wondering how the line up will fit with this tip in place, it can be extended outward, just not sure about how the bulge in the fiberglass bedsides changes the wheel well shape. We'll see though. Thanks for the props everyone!
Old 04-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #26
Dean25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackwoodsBoy View Post
That is pretty sweet... did you custom fab it all yourself?
Everything was done by myself and a friend. We had a hole saw and a great idea and just went for it. The main thing was making sure we measured correctly to get the holes bottom edge to be level with the frame so we could go straight up and straight out. Took a total of about 3 hours in a garage, that includes the time we spent clearing out the cats too.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:30 PM   #27
The_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The_Dude's Tacoma Gallery
Why why whyyyy???
Old 04-28-2011, 03:37 PM   #28
Dean25's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Why why whyyyy???
The main point behind this was either buy a high clearance exhaust so the rear bumper would be the only thing damaged if it were scraped on the ground, or build something unique that would be cheaper and interesting to myself and plenty others. I know there are always going to be people out there that are going to say "why why why?" like it really effects them, but I have only seen/heard that once now ^ hahaha I dont care though, move on.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:46 PM   #29
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean25 View Post
The main point behind this was either buy a high clearance exhaust so the rear bumper would be the only thing damaged if it were scraped on the ground, or build something unique that would be cheaper and interesting to myself and plenty others. I know there are always going to be people out there that are going to say "why why why?" like it really effects them, but I have only seen/heard that once now ^ hahaha I dont care though, move on.

Well said man! Screw the haters! hahaha
Old 04-28-2011, 03:50 PM   #30
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
I lol'd but cool that you did something different...
Old 04-28-2011, 03:51 PM   #31
The_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hate hate hate!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N5p8IXzNdc?fs=1
Old 04-28-2011, 03:53 PM   #33
MillerMan06 is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
MillerMan06's Tacoma Gallery
very nice take a bow!!!!!!!!!! i like the idea i might just do that to mine at some point in time but dont worry i be diffrent i go duel one on each side!!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 03:55 PM   #34
Dean25's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think I would ever waste my time in life stickin around to hate on someones thread, but whatever floats your boat "the dude"
Old 04-28-2011, 03:56 PM   #35
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Ballz.... To do that modd but great job OP ...
Old 04-28-2011, 03:57 PM   #36
Dean25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerMan06 View Post
very nice take a bow!!!!!!!!!! i like the idea i might just do that to mine at some point in time but dont worry i be diffrent i go duel one on each side!!!!
I would love to have it duals man, just have to figure out how to get around that gas tank safely
Old 04-28-2011, 04:01 PM   #37
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
in actually planned on doing this haha. i got fiberglass bedsides!
Old 04-28-2011, 04:10 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean25 View Post
I dont think I would ever waste my time in life stickin around to hate on someones thread, but whatever floats your boat "the dude"
Hahah messin' with ya bud...don't get your panties all twisted!
Old 04-28-2011, 04:17 PM   #39
Grande is just really niceGrande is just really niceGrande is just really niceGrande is just really nice

Name: John
Grande's Tacoma Gallery
I think it looks legit, and nice

as long as it sturdy and doesnt move around while ur driving or out mobbin u should be golden, u might get some silt from the pipe on ur fenders over time escpecially if u got an upgraded exhaust, but its still sick!
Old 04-28-2011, 04:49 PM   #40
Dean25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Hahah messin' with ya bud...don't get your panties all twisted!
I figured, no one can post Dave Chappelle with full seriousness, then again ya never know