Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

A True Custom Side Exit Exhaust!

Old 04-28-2011, 05:01 PM   #41
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
what happens when the bed flexes..
Old 04-28-2011, 05:25 PM   #42
Dean25 is a jewel in the roughDean25 is a jewel in the roughDean25 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Chris
Dean25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by leveltwo View Post
what happens when the bed flexes..
The rear exhaust hanger is attached to the frame right at the exit area, since this area is right at the end of the cab and begining of the (5ft)bed, it doesnt see any flexing issues as the very rear would. if it was ran to the rear of the truck and then out the body like this, then it would be affected a little from flexing. This one has been tested though, flexed out, no change
Old 04-28-2011, 10:33 PM   #43
TacoME is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoME is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoME is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoME is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoME is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoME is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoME is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoME is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoME is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoME is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoME is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TacoME's Tacoma Gallery
Bad ass.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:51 PM   #44
IrishAmerican is on a distinguished road

IrishAmerican's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good OP.... Dude, I live about 20 minutes down Hwy 10 from Fort Polk. We should make a ride. You got any good spots around there?
Old 04-29-2011, 07:05 AM   #46
Dean25 is a jewel in the roughDean25 is a jewel in the roughDean25 is a jewel in the rough
Dean25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishAmerican View Post
Looks good OP.... Dude, I live about 20 minutes down Hwy 10 from Fort Polk. We should make a ride. You got any good spots around there?
Man I have no idea, but if you find any you be sure and let me know. Im usually stuck at Fort Polk doing worthless work. Ive been focusing on getting the Tacoma built up better on a budget while waiting on my turbo rx8 to be delivered by BHR from Arizona. That car is being followed on RX8club.com at this link. http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=215187 So I havent really been looking to hard either, but for sure man let me know if you find places.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:20 AM   #47
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Looks really good man! Nice fab work!
Old 04-29-2011, 07:22 AM   #48
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
good job, member PrezidentRedz did the same thing to his first gen.

This is with a broken mount apparently so its not quite straight but you get the idea.
Yup. Been thinking about doing this for a while.
Good eye and good memory. Rep for you sir.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:28 AM   #49
Banned
03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
03taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishAmerican View Post

live in ft polk lol
Old 04-29-2011, 07:29 AM   #50
Banned
03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
03taco's Tacoma Gallery
op totally think i saw your truck at the walmart in leesville while i was on leave i saw this exact setup on a second gen and thought wow i should take a picture of this and post it lol
Old 04-29-2011, 07:31 AM   #51
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
I bet people love sitting next to you at light or stuck in traffic while your exhaust is pumping fumes into someones car and not to mention the noise. Sorry man just not for me but an A+ for being ballsie enough for doing it.
Attached Thumbnails
A True Custom Side Exit Exhaust!-hello-kitty-exhaust-pipe.jpg  
Old 04-29-2011, 10:04 AM   #52
Palehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Palehorse1's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting execution. Gives me an excuse to dig out the exhaust port I bought for another project that I never used.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:32 PM   #53
Dean25's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerussell610 View Post
I bet people love sitting next to you at light or stuck in traffic while your exhaust is pumping fumes into someones car and not to mention the noise. Sorry man just not for me but an A+ for being ballsie enough for doing it.
Same height as stock pipe would be in th rear which Also bends out to the side and it doesn't flow out with more pressure now, so it's not goin to pump into someones window. And while idling, it's quiet. Plus shit happens, this setup is perfect for those times I do want to scare the shit out of drivers who are txting and reading while eating, it has never been an issue in traffic cause my shit doesn't smoke or stink....from my tailpipe.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:34 PM   #54
Dean25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03taco View Post
op totally think i saw your truck at the walmart in leesville while i was on leave i saw this exact setup on a second gen and thought wow i should take a picture of this and post it lol
Backed into a parking spot, right? Haha small world man
Old 04-29-2011, 12:39 PM   #55
Dean25's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Btw best tailpipe every with that hello kitty exhaust, now the wife wants one, how am I supposed to get that shit
Old 04-29-2011, 08:49 PM   #56
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How much real difference in positioning is his pipe between stock and now? His stock pipe was more at "avg. car window level" than his new one. A guy with a 6-9" lift would be no different-your criticism is moot anyways because the fumes will "find" that close-by window regardless. By raising his exhaust exit up you could argue that the rising fumes would actually miss that car's window and float on by
Old 04-29-2011, 09:24 PM   #57
Done, Retired from here :)
Veinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Corpsman
Name: Roy
Veinguy's Tacoma Gallery
Remember Guys, the best thing about this site is people showing off what they have done to make their trucks "Theirs" I for one, am not excited about the exhaust being there, but applaud the time and work it took to make it look good. I wanted my dual exhaust to come out on both sides right before the tires, but here in Az apparently it's a no no.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:46 PM   #58
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
If anyone is worried about heat damage to the fender flare, an alternative is to put a large chrome trim ring on the bodywork, then bury the "real" exhaust pipe inside.

Example of Mazda6 OEM exhaust tips:

Up close: