LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

A True Custom Side Exit Exhaust!

Old 04-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
Dean25 is a jewel in the roughDean25 is a jewel in the roughDean25 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Chris
Dean25's Tacoma Gallery
Cool A True Custom Side Exit Exhaust!

I searched around for awhile looking to find out if anyone has even attempted to do a bad ass side exit exhaust. All that I came to find is a bunch of negative people saying "just go out the back and avoid the headache" well this just wont do.http://i.cdn.tacomaworld.com/host/ta...milies/mad.gif I set out to do this Side Exit Exhaust myself so that people realize that, Yes it can be done!, and its very simple unless your scared of doing custom things to your truck.[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] This second photo is a straight down shot, just showing how far the chrome angled tip sticks out. I will get more photos of every angle I can, if requested.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:11 PM   #2
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Here is my setup.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:15 PM   #4
Xbox GT: Yodaman8806
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
Name: Matt
Underdog777's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean25 View Post
I searched around for awhile looking to find out if anyone has even attempted to do a bad ass side exit exhaust. All that I came to find is a bunch of negative people saying "just go out the back and avoid the headache" well this just wont do.http://i.cdn.tacomaworld.com/host/ta...milies/mad.gif I set out to do this Side Exit Exhaust myself so that people realize that, Yes it can be done!, and its very simple unless your scared of doing custom things to your truck.[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] This second photo is a straight down shot, just showing how far the chrome angled tip sticks out. I will get more photos of every angle I can, if requested.
Very nice! + Rep I may have to follow your example
Old 04-22-2011, 10:15 PM   #5
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
OP that is sick! How bout a sound clip?
Old 04-22-2011, 10:35 PM   #6
BackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to behold
Name: Adam
BackwoodsBoy's Tacoma Gallery
That is pretty sweet... did you custom fab it all yourself?
Old 04-22-2011, 10:42 PM   #7
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
good job, member PrezidentRedz did the same thing to his first gen.

This is with a broken mount apparently so its not quite straight but you get the idea.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:15 AM   #8
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
wow that looks great!
Old 04-23-2011, 05:53 AM   #9
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
I was running a side out setup a while back...

Could not open the OP's link, but thought I'd just share.

Here was my setup:

I thought it was pretty cool, minus the quality of the tip, preffered black. Only reason I switched out was to install an exh that would better compliment my SC setup.

Go to post 62 on this thread for a soundclip:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...-thread-4.html

Laters...
Old 04-23-2011, 06:01 AM   #10
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Op, I would love it if you could post some pictures of your pipe work. That looks like a factory job, its very clean and original. Rep to you!

How does it sound? What exhaust system are you running with it?
Old 04-23-2011, 06:04 AM   #11
COACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud of

Army: SNIPER HHC, 3 BATTALION,73 ARMOR,82ND AIRBORNE
Name: JC
COACHPPARK's Tacoma Gallery
VERY WELL DONE INDEED
Old 04-23-2011, 06:08 AM   #12
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Won't that melt the fender flare? Looks cool though!
Old 04-23-2011, 06:41 AM   #13
brians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brian
brians05taco's Tacoma Gallery
im thinking the same thing hot tip plastic flaire not good
Old 04-23-2011, 06:41 AM   #14
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW this is mine

Old 04-23-2011, 09:40 AM   #15
Dean25 is a jewel in the roughDean25 is a jewel in the roughDean25 is a jewel in the rough
Dean25's Tacoma Gallery
I got 2k miles with this setup, tip is pretty tight with that flare but it does not get hot enough to melt. Even with a road trip non-stop from Iowa to Louisiana, this plastic flare still looks perfect. I will get a sound clip on here within the next few days for all of you. And should be able to post more pictures, because im serious "this was the easiest custom exhaust i've ever done". It also has a Flowmaster 40 on it with cleaned out Cats
Old 04-23-2011, 09:54 AM   #16
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytower View Post
Won't that melt the fender flare? Looks cool though!
i was thinking this while reading through all the "nice work and great job" replies

those flares are plastic and the tip on my stock exhaust gets hit and theres prob 4-5 more feet of pipe on mine.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:08 AM   #17
Dean25's Tacoma Gallery
Photos of the fab before the fine finish with the larger chrome tip and After
More photos of underneath coming later
Old 04-23-2011, 10:11 AM   #18
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge151 View Post
i was thinking this while reading through all the "nice work and great job" replies

those flares are plastic and the tip on my stock exhaust gets hit and theres prob 4-5 more feet of pipe on mine.
Not to mention the body flex and vibrations. It's certainly interesting- Not my flavor tho.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:12 AM   #19
Choot It!
kcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
kcrob1's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:27 AM   #20
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Perhaps a metal ring surround would finish that setup?