LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Just read an article saying that Tacoma will not change body style until 2014 models!

Old 04-23-2011, 03:33 PM   #21
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
There's better info HERE
Old 04-23-2011, 03:36 PM   #22
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't be surprised by this. With the massive recalls in the states combined with the tsunami devastation in Japan causing supply line problems up and down their chain, I could easily see Toyota scaling back plans on remodels. Especially in staples like the Tacoma. Rolling out a new model takes a ton of money and effort, and they're so far behind as is.

Check this article for example...

http://business.scotsman.com/busines...ing.6756421.jp

Toyota is warning that production output won't "start to pick up [until] July in Japan and around August overseas, with a complete recovery expected in November or December" and that currently factories in Japan are only working at 50% capacity, and assembly lines outside Japan (like those in the states) are only at 40% capacity. They've been hit extremely hard.

Though one change I can easily see them making is adding dual VVT-i ... that way Toyota would have the same exact V6 across the 4Runner, Tacoma and FJ lines which should save them money.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:36 PM   #23
Uncelou1980 is on a distinguished road
Uncelou1980's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moulin6801 View Post
Hey guys, Just read an article saying that Tacoma will not change body style until 2014 models!
That is good news for us with 2010-2011 models !
Sucks for those waiting for the new model!!
Anyone w more info ??

Dude you're full of it ....... give us the link ......
Old 04-23-2011, 03:41 PM   #24
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Anyone w more info ??
No, no one comes to this site for actual information.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:39 PM   #25
I've got the FUNK
dgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 91W - Medic
dgr540's Tacoma Gallery
I come for the funny pictures thread
Old 04-23-2011, 09:49 PM   #26
maju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Retired
maju's Tacoma Gallery
Actually there is a mention of this on page 18 of the June 2011 edition of FourWheeler magazine. I would not call it an article, it is a sentence that reads and I quote

"Other trucks expected by 2014 are Toyota's next-generation Tacoma and Nissan's Frontier."

The very very short article with this sentance is titled "Colorado's Second Coming"
Old 04-23-2011, 09:51 PM   #27
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Sigi
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober View Post
Oh wait, I found the link! Here it is!
LOL
Old 04-23-2011, 10:11 PM   #28
supralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
supralight's Tacoma Gallery
@tigerfan00

Dude, that drawing was hilarious!
Old 04-23-2011, 10:11 PM   #29
TacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet -11B
Name: Randy
TacoRan's Tacoma Gallery
I think Toyota is going to 'Ford-Ranger' it. By Ford Ranger it I mean to build the same truck for a billion years with only minor updates, then kill it because it's sales have inexplicably slowed. Oh and I almost forgot the part where they redesign it into this bad ass head turner and only offer it in Europe and Asia.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:20 PM   #30
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
http://iguida.com/2012-toyota-tacoma

Not sure how trust-worthy is this source, but it does mention 2014 as redesign year, I had read it in other sites too.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:24 PM   #31
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
[
Absolutely. 1st-gens have a timeless style-it only gets cooler we don't have to sweat obsolescence
Old 04-23-2011, 10:27 PM   #32
Dr.D is a glorious beacon of lightDr.D is a glorious beacon of lightDr.D is a glorious beacon of lightDr.D is a glorious beacon of lightDr.D is a glorious beacon of lightDr.D is a glorious beacon of light

Name: sold my truck
Dr.D's Tacoma Gallery
I read the same article in FOURWHEELER this week, 2014 they say redesign.
9 years of the 2nd gen body style, why are those jack a$$'s taking so long to change it again. Your right its turning into the "toyota-ranger" but really a ranger is a pile of crap.

Dear Toyota,
Make a long travel package, you should have done this 10 years ago and beat ford to the chase.
They will sell.
Thanks, from all of us at TacomaWorld.

I would buy one, would you?
Old 04-23-2011, 10:30 PM   #33
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-24-2011, 07:52 AM   #34
moulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nice
moulin6801's Tacoma Gallery
http://carreleasedates.com/2013-toyo...a-release-dateMan, there are same haters in here. Learn my lesson, will save a link to a post when I read something next time. These same haters area also LAZY ass people because there are several articles out there saying the same thing. Just google it.
This is not the article that I read originally because the first article was not in English!
Here is almost the same thing, but in an English article.
Eat it!!
http://carreleasedates.com/2013-toyo...a-release-date
Old 04-24-2011, 08:45 AM   #35
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
http://carreleasedates.com/2013-toyo...a-release-dateMan, there are same haters in here. Learn my lesson, will save a link to a post when I read something next time. These same haters area also LAZY ass people because there are several articles out there saying the same thing. Just google it.
This is not the article that I read originally because the first article was not in English!
Eat it!!
Shut up.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:51 AM   #36
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Old 04-24-2011, 08:54 AM   #37
cabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Andy
cabarbhab's Tacoma Gallery
Did you actually read that artice? It doesn't even make sense. It is written horribly. And why does it leave out the year 2012? It talks about the 2011 and then starts talking about 2013. Did I miss something? Did the world agree to skip 2012 so we don't have to worry about the world ending?
Old 04-24-2011, 08:55 AM   #38
alexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
alexander323bc's Tacoma Gallery
I heard the new iphone will transform into a tundra
Old 04-24-2011, 08:57 AM   #39

Marines:
Quote:
Eat it!!
I spent about an hour googling. The only article I came across was that one and the other one that I posted. That site has no source and as far as I'm concerned is as valid as a random forum post of a guy who heard it from a guy that he knows. I'd be glad to read the foreign article. Care to link that one?
Old 04-24-2011, 09:00 AM   #40
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander323bc View Post
I heard the new iphone will transform into a tundra
Your thinking of the new BlackBerry