LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New to Tacoma - Feedback on Ride.

Old 04-23-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
slidellkid is on a distinguished road
slidellkid's Tacoma Gallery
New to Tacoma - Feedback on Ride.

I am very new to this forum and would like some feedback. I am considering a Tacoma. Most likely a 4x4 because my Ford wasn't and there were a few times I wish it had been. I am probably older than most of you guys at 49 years of age and comfort is important to these old bones. I am concerned that the drivers seat sits too low on the Tacoma and that driving, especially long drives, will be uncomfortable. Do you any of you fellas find the low seat height to be uncomfortable? If I bought one and found out I didn't like it is there anything that can be done to raise the seat height?

THANKS!
Old 04-23-2011, 03:41 PM   #3
JAB1962 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: RETIRED
JAB1962's Tacoma Gallery
I am 49 as well I finally got used to the seat being low, its comfortable for me. I wish you could adjust the seat height but i have learned to live with it.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
charles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud of

charles08tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
My wife & I drove ours about 4,000 miles over 17 days through the Southwest & we both found the seats & driving position very comfortable. I'm 5'10", wife 5'06". By the way, welcome young man, I'm 51.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #5
LostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LostRebel's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a bit older than you and I drove Fords for over twenty years before buying my first Tacoma. I remember that the Ford's seating is a little bit higher, but nothing drastically different than a Tacoma. I'd run out to the driveway and jump in my old Ford F150, but I'm 1200 miles from home with the Tacoma.

The 1200 mi. drive in the Tacoma was completed in 21 hours straight. I drive with the seat all the way back and the visibility over the hood and perceived legroom is better than my Ford's. The Tacoma ride was pretty comfortable, and though I haven't driven a late model F150 in a while, I can't believe that the Ford truck ride would be any better. My comparison is between the Tacoma's bucket seat and a cloth bench in the F150, so maybe someone with experience in Ford bucket seats will chime in. (Both trucks have suspensions stiffened from what was original.)

I don't really consider the Tacoma a super-comfortable long distance highway vehicle. It's a truck and I don't expect it to ride like a car. It works for a couple long distance trips a year, but if I was traveling cross country more than two or three times a year, I would probably look at something more in the crossover line. The wife's Explorer is a bit more plush and rides a bit nicer (softer) and we use it for trips pretty often. I sacrifice plushness every now and then because the Tacoma is a lot better looking and pleasurable to drive!
Old 04-23-2011, 04:27 PM   #7
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I'm 5' 10" and at 32 I already have my share of back problems. I've never noticed the seat height being low. The most I've driven in this truck is 850 miles in one day. My back never got sore, it's the most comfortable vehicle I have owned. A four hour drive is nothing in this truck. I have a TRD so it's got the sport seats in it. The interior noise level is a little higher than I would like, but it is a truck and it's not terrible by any means.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:31 PM   #8
BigFoot aka Sasquatch
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
I actually think the seat height is about right or maybe a little too tall. I'm 6'5". I think the ride is great. Much better than my '99 tacoma
Old 04-23-2011, 04:39 PM   #9
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
So you have not bought the truck yet?

For God's sake get the supercharged truck. Do it once; do it right. If you don't; don't say I didn't warn you.

Steve
Old 04-23-2011, 04:57 PM   #10
Jimsc is a jewel in the roughJimsc is a jewel in the roughJimsc is a jewel in the roughJimsc is a jewel in the rough
Name: Jim
Jimsc's Tacoma Gallery
I have heard people comment on the seat being low before. I'm not sure why anyone thinks it's low? Low compared to what? Seems perfect to me.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:01 PM   #11
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Seat height is fine for my 55 y/o ass.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:04 PM   #12
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Umm feedback. Tires usually roll, not in all models however.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:07 PM   #13
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Youngsters, I'm 65 and beat half to death from coming to a stop against immoveable objects too many times they don't have the most comfortable seats, OK, but there are a lot better ones out there that being said it's not a bad ride. I'm 6' and I find the seat hight to be fine.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:21 PM   #14
welker is on a distinguished road
welker's Tacoma Gallery
The seat was a little low for me. I like to sit up higher when i drive so i raised it just under an inch on the back mounting bolts. I used some washers to raise it up some. I sit at the height i want now while driving and i find it more comfortable. You can use different spacers and adjust the height some to see if you like it better and if not just take the spacers back out.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:15 PM   #15
slidellkid is on a distinguished road
slidellkid's Tacoma Gallery
Welker,

You probably just sold me on the Tacoma! If I can make slight adjustments to the seat level I don't think I will have any problems at all. Thanks to all for the replies. I have a Ford f150 that I dearly love and find it very comfortable. When I drove the Tacoma I felt the seat was lower. This past weekend I drove my wife's Lexus about 600 miles and the seats are lower than normal. I was a little uncomfortable on the way over but on the way back I seemed to get used to it.

STeves104x4,

Ok, I am all ears, tell me about the Supercharged Tacoma. Why do I need one? What are the advantages and disadvantages? Doesn't that model cost like 4k more?
Old 04-23-2011, 06:22 PM   #16
welker is on a distinguished road
welker's Tacoma Gallery
Good deal! You just need to get a couple longer bolts when you take the back ones out and put in however many washer (or whatever you want to use) you need to get the height you want. Very simple to do. Good luck with the new truck!
Old 04-23-2011, 06:26 PM   #17
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
man. lots of old people in this thread.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:26 PM   #18
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
kidding. stand-by for real response.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:28 PM   #19

Firefighter:
im 6'1 and 190lbs. Don't have a problem with the seats at all. I've sat on them for more than twelve hours and over 1000 mile drives. i guess the seat can be a little bit higher but it doesnt bother me.

welcome to the site sir.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:30 PM   #20
Irish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Irish020's Tacoma Gallery
I'm 47 5'11" and have an '05 since new....have driven from Southern PA to Northern Maine without any problem .