Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Picked up my new Tacoma

Old 04-23-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
GaryS1964 is on a distinguished road
GaryS1964's Tacoma Gallery
Picked up my new Tacoma

On Thursday I picked up my new Tacoma. A 2011 Access Cab, 4 cyl, auto, with SR5 package and the dealer installed Blu Logic hands free system. The color is Pyrite Mica with gray interior.

I like it except the new truck smell is really strong. Hope it goes away soon.

A major disappointment was the Blu Logic system. Toyota never really bothers to clarify in their literature or websites that there are actually three Blu Logic systems. One for JBL sound systems, one for vehicles without JBL, and the dealer installed system. They just call them all Blu Logic Hands Free System as if they are all the same. Well they are not. The JBL system has all the bells and whistles. Along with the standard features it also stores phone numbers and allows you to use voice commands to dial phone numbers regardless of whether or not your phone supports voice dialing. They all use the radio speakers and automatically mute the radio when a bluetooth call is in progress. It's control buttons are on the steering wheel.

The non-JBL factory system simply answers the phone with a couple of other minor features. No storing numbers or voice dialing unless your phone supports voice dialing. The activation button is mounted in the dash. The dealer installed version is basically the non-JBL version. Not sure whether or not the non-JBL factory system integrates the microphone into the mirror. The dealer system does not.

That's my major disappointment. The only reason I bought the system was for storing of numbers and voice commands. I'm going to find out on Monday what if anything the dealer is going to do. My preference is to remove the system and give me my money back.

A minor disappoint is the stock steel wheels and tires. The 15" tires are small and look like passenger car tires. The steel wheels are not very attractive. It seemed like almost every Tacoma on the lot had fancy wheels and 16" truck tires as dealer added options. I suppose I could have asked for this but the price is steep so I'll live with the ones I have.

Everything else is great so far. Nothing to complain about.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:03 PM   #3
Machete Eddie will become famous soon enough

Name: Eddie
Machete Eddie's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the new truck
Old 04-26-2011, 08:43 AM   #4
musty40 is on a distinguished road

Name: Alan
musty40's Tacoma Gallery
Nice choice in color!
Old 04-26-2011, 08:45 AM   #5
COACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud of

Army: SNIPER HHC, 3 BATTALION,73 ARMOR,82ND AIRBORNE
Name: JC
COACHPPARK's Tacoma Gallery
WELCOME TO TW! FROM FLORIDA