Notices

Tool Box VS Tonneau cover POLL

View Poll Results: Tonneau cover VS Tool box
Tonneau 314 53.68%
Tool Box 282 48.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 585. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-06-2011, 05:34 AM   #61
Bloom is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloom is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloom is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloom is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloom is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloom is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloom is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloom is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloom is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloom is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bloom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
Trying to decide what to get...tonneau because it gives you a tad bit better mpg and obviously more space to put stuff...tool box because it locks, the stuff doesnt fly around in the bed, and I wont have to worry as much about it being stolen with it locked...
How about a DiamondBack SE? It would be like getting a tonneau cover that turns your bed into a tool box.

http://www.diamondbackcovers.com/index.php
Old 06-06-2011, 04:16 PM   #62
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTreyIII View Post
Covers limit your carrying ability too much. I used to have one and ended up taking it off. Go with the tool box.
Same here.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:17 PM   #63
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Explain this please? I don't understand how a cover that can roll up and not take up any room in the bed limits your carrying capacity more than a tool box that takes up at least a foot of bed space?
Old 06-06-2011, 06:34 PM   #64
Banned
Kingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarines-Sonar Tech
Kingfrog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingston73 View Post
Explain this please? I don't understand how a cover that can roll up and not take up any room in the bed limits your carrying capacity more than a tool box that takes up at least a foot of bed space?
A roll up fine. but its not secure and easy to break into. The Undercover is secure and can be removed in minutes. Unless someone routinely carries large loads, The covered bed is well worth the money. It is one giant tool box. I sold the UVS and looked at all the covers. The Undercover was the best in so far as security, water resistance, removal, and storage. A giant car trunk that can be left on and up for large items as well.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #65
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Both. Just use a smaller tool box that doesn't inter fear with the tonneau cover.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:43 PM   #66
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
locking tonneau and tailgate lock
Old 12-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #67
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Get a lowprofile tool box and a tonneau! haha can you do that?! I would go with the tonneau cover as im looking into getting one as well.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:25 AM   #68
sfhunter is on a distinguished road

Marines: Grunt
Name: Tom
sfhunter's Tacoma Gallery
I'd go for the cover. I have a roll and lock and I put a nice large tool box in that fits under the cover when I need it. The roll and lock locks and when you need to move stuff that is big, just roll slide it open and it doesn't get in the way at all.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:26 AM   #69
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Trying to decide what to get. I want the tonneau because it gives you a tad bit better mpg and obviously more space to put stuff. But I want the tool box because it locks, the stuff doesnt fly around in the bed, and I wont have to worry as much about it being stolen with it locked.
MAKE YOUR FINAL DECISION!!!!
I have a toolbox (aluminum tread plate, full width, gull wing lids, cb antenna in center) and voted for that. However, I see you're in Canada, so a tonneau may be more useful to you during the more frequent foul weather.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:02 AM   #70
Conservative
Executive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Executive's Tacoma Gallery
Toolbox=more secure with less storage.

Tonneau=less secure with more storage, less weight, more versatile, easier to get out of the way when space is needed

I vote tonneau, like the Access cover I have on my DCLB!

Regards,
Chris
Old 04-08-2012, 04:18 AM   #71
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Locking tonneau
Old 04-08-2012, 04:45 AM   #72
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
The post is a year old guys... he went with a tonneau.

Frank
Old 04-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #74
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
The post is a year old guys... he went with a tonneau.

Frank
Haha ya ended up buying another too. I got a extang solid fold but when I rear ended buddy a clip broke. I'm wondering if it goes under insurance too
Old 04-08-2012, 01:06 PM   #75
WVToyota3214 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
WVToyota3214's Tacoma Gallery
Toolbox for the Win
Old 04-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #77
We'll see said the zen master
foxmotox7 is a jewel in the roughfoxmotox7 is a jewel in the roughfoxmotox7 is a jewel in the roughfoxmotox7 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Fox
foxmotox7's Tacoma Gallery
Why not have both?

Old 04-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #78
JPC2061 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: J.P.
JPC2061's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouTaco View Post
Both. I am looking into getting this toolbox i was lead to beleive it sits under the sides so you can still use roll-up tonneau i.e. access le and such.http://www.pickuptrucktoolboxes.com/..._crossover.htm
I wonder if that would work with a tri fold I have been looking into one but I don't wanna drop 330 for something doesn't fit and have to give up the cover. Gas isn't getting cheaper.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #79
WVToyota3214 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
WVToyota3214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What are you new?
Haha yep heres and here's the box.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #80
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
only tonneau i would get is a diamondback. holds 800+ pounds. other than that. maybe just a topper. than have some smaller box like(foxmotox7) has.

Products Discussed in this Thread