Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tool Box VS Tonneau cover POLL

View Poll Results: Tonneau cover VS Tool box
Tonneau 314 53.68%
Tool Box 282 48.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 585. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2013, 11:03 AM   #101
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWinstead View Post
I know most people like things nice and centered, but I wanted some length (full 6') in my bed, and some long storage as well. I had a custom steel box made, 24" wide, 50" long, as tall as the top of the bed, positioned on the passenger side. Secured down of course, but with some quick releases hidden inside. Just stand at the side of the truck, unlock and lift the lid and there is all is. Mostly road trouble stuff inside, tools and such. Nice place to stash guns and fishing rods.

Was reading another thread about Taco-tilt. This idea might help.

I'll get a pic up when I can.
Pics
Old 02-24-2013, 02:48 PM   #102
MPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
MPToyo17's Tacoma Gallery
Tool chest with a bedmat
Old 02-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #103
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPToyo17 View Post
Tool chest with a bedmat
Which model UWS box is that ?
Old 02-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #104
Very Nice !
packfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud of

packfan88's Tacoma Gallery
I dont like the look of a toolbox. just lock the tonneau cover.

i have a cover ArmorLid manufacturer but they stopped makign them. ABS plastic so you cant really scratch it. Its not so heavy I cant put it on or take it off by myself. Pop two gas hinges and two pins on the front hinges and its off. store next to house while i go transport my motorcycle.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:41 AM   #105
MPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Which model UWS box is that ?
I'll check today and post later.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #106
Quote:
I'll check today and post later.
42" chest wedged black
#TBC-42-W-BLK
Old 02-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #107
Fire meathead is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: NICHOLAS
Fire meathead's Tacoma Gallery
Undercover Tonneau

I got a undercover tonneau a few months ago and love it. It is lockable, sturdy,waterproof, improved my MPG, and looks good on the truck. I store allot of gear for work in the bed that would max out toolbox storage space. I love my tonneau
Old 02-25-2013, 06:02 PM   #108

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
42" chest wedged black
#TBC-42-W-BLK
Thanks

When you have the lid open at 90 degrees to the bed , how tall is it total ?

Wondering if it would open inside my cap
Old 02-26-2013, 06:01 AM   #109
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks

Forgot I was supposed to get some measurements for you I can take some today if you remind me
Old 02-26-2013, 07:25 AM   #110

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Forgot I was supposed to get some measurements for you I can take some today if you remind me
Old 02-27-2013, 02:45 AM   #111
Quote:
Thanks

I have 17 1/2", top of bed to top of lid fully open. I'll get a pic from the rear with the lid open and post tonight.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:27 AM   #112

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have 17 1/2", top of bed to top of lid fully open. I'll get a pic from the rear with the lid open and post tonight.
I should have been more clear , I want to know the measurement from the bed to the top of the lid with it open at 90 degrees

It will essentially be toolbox depth ( front to back ) plus toolbox height

I want to see if the lid would contact the roof of my cap when I tried to open it with the toolbox inside the cap

Thanks for your help
Old 02-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #113
The box is 34 1/4" tall, fully opened
20 1/4 deep,
Old 02-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #114

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The box is 34 1/4" tall, fully opened
20 1/4 deep,
Awesome

Thanks so much

Have some green squares
Old 03-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #115
jjz109 is on a distinguished road
Name: Alan
jjz109's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethstaco View Post
Just bought a box for my new 13
Which box did you get for you 13? I am looking at a low pro box, but can't decide...
Old 03-15-2013, 10:22 AM   #116
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
tool box
Old 12-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #117
AKTacoParty is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard:
Name: Jake
AKTacoParty's Tacoma Gallery
Damn I'm having such a hard time deciding between the two. If I get a tonneau cover then I need a trailer to haul my ATV. If I get a toolbox ill need a trailer for the same reasons. However I could just take either of them out when I haul my quad. I don't know what to do. Either way it's probably going to be expensive to ship either one to Alaska.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:59 AM   #119
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by USArchangels View Post
That way you can have your cake and eat it too
x2. I don't need a whole lot of tools so a side wheel well Swingcase toolbox that's swings out and also removable if needed along with a Bakflip cover that gives me full access to my bed gave me the capability to pick up a recent bumper purchase like this:
Attached Thumbnails
Tool Box VS Tonneau cover POLL-20131224_112939.jpg  

Products Discussed in this Thread