Notices

Tool Box VS Tonneau cover POLL

View Poll Results: Tonneau cover VS Tool box
Tonneau 314 53.68%
Tool Box 282 48.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 585. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Tool Box VS Tonneau cover POLL

Trying to decide what to get. I want the tonneau because it gives you a tad bit better mpg and obviously more space to put stuff. But I want the tool box because it locks, the stuff doesnt fly around in the bed, and I wont have to worry as much about it being stolen with it locked.
MAKE YOUR FINAL DECISION!!!!
Old 04-24-2011, 10:30 AM   #4
LouTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Lou Taco
LouTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Both. I am looking into getting this toolbox i was lead to beleive it sits under the sides so you can still use roll-up tonneau i.e. access le and such.http://www.pickuptrucktoolboxes.com/..._crossover.htm
Old 04-24-2011, 10:32 AM   #5
JHTreyIII is just really niceJHTreyIII is just really niceJHTreyIII is just really niceJHTreyIII is just really niceJHTreyIII is just really nice

Name: Trey
JHTreyIII's Tacoma Gallery
Covers limit your carrying ability too much. I used to have one and ended up taking it off. Go with the tool box.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:34 AM   #6
ski-doo ride the best screw the rest!
Murph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant future

Army: 19D
Murph's Tacoma Gallery
tool box for sure!
Old 04-24-2011, 10:44 AM   #7
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I switch based on time of year. I have a tri-fold tonneau that I primarily have on in the winter so I don't have to shovel snow out of the bed or if I have to carry a bunch of stuff so I don't have to worry about it flying around. I'll usually keep it off in the summer then and I picked up this box to keep in to carry tools and junk when it's off. Not a normal tool box but I wanted something I could easily put in and out. Works for what I need.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:54 AM   #8
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
COME ON PEOPLE MAKE A FUCKING DECISION!!!!!
It's your truck, so you're the one who needs to make a decision. And...
Quote:
I just want one because Im pretty sure someone will steal the Trifecta tonneau cover off my truck easy if theres no lock
...I thought you already got a tonneau?
Old 04-24-2011, 10:57 AM   #9
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Tonneau cover. A tool box limits the bed space when I want to carry big things such as an atv. They are also harder to remove and re-install then a tonneau cover is
Old 04-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #10
478jason01 is on a distinguished road

478jason01's Tacoma Gallery
tool box
Old 04-24-2011, 11:03 AM   #11
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTreyIII View Post
Covers limit your carrying ability too much. I used to have one and ended up taking it off. Go with the tool box.
And a tool box makes your bed a foot and change shorter. I've got a roll up cover and a chest that I can put in the bed when I want it. My roll up tonneau works great.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:06 AM   #12
Making changes is always fun
TacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack
TacoGK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
COME ON PEOPLE MAKE A FUCKING DECISION!!!!!

I started not to post due to this comment and it may discourage others from posting on this topic......this is solely my opinion and the decision is yours not ours

Both have their place and function.....Look at your needs and get what will suit you the most. I happen to like both of them. I actually wouldnt mind having a topper, toolbox, and tonneau and be able to switch them out based on my needs.

Good luck and hope you figure out what you need.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:32 PM   #13
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
It's your truck, so you're the one who needs to make a decision. And...

...I thought you already got a tonneau?
No, the place I tried ordering one wouldnt ship to canada. Now Im thinking about picking a used tool box up instead. Had a tonneau on my old truck though
Old 04-24-2011, 12:33 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
And a tool box makes your bed a foot and change shorter. I've got a roll up cover and a chest that I can put in the bed when I want it. My roll up tonneau works great.
Thats the cats ass right there. Good decision!
Old 04-24-2011, 01:22 PM   #15
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Thats the cats ass right there. Good decision!
Yeah...Any number of brands of camping trunk (NOT a tupperware or home storage unit).
Here is kinda sorta what I have. Couple of straps in the right spots and it works perfect.

I've also thought about getting the Undercover "SwingCases" for the same sorta purpose.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:39 PM   #16
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Tool box ftw
Old 04-24-2011, 01:44 PM   #18
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
OP , are you gonna use your truck for your work ?
Old 04-24-2011, 01:56 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
Didn't think nova scotia had a bad theft prob. Me personally would do a tool box but ya could do both.
Ohhhhhh we do. Our street more then ever. We all know whos doing it but they are under 19 so cant beat them. Tonnneau would be gone in days I bet. Trying to figure out what to do. I think the tool box I want you cant steal unless its unlocked. That with an alarm should keep em away. But an Extang Trifecta you shouldnt be able to steal either with an alarm right? Tailgate would have to open, and I can just install pins?
Old 04-24-2011, 01:58 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
OP , are you gonna use your truck for your work ?
No, but for 6 weeks when I finish my 4th year apprenticeship I will have tools in it (no work vehicle), and if I swap jobs then yes. I also like to take finishing supplise and other things with me, but they fall all over the place in the back. Even with my old truck and tonneau it didnt help. MAYBE a rubber bet mat would help? I dunno

Products Discussed in this Thread