1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Leeper coilover help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tonyplanet, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Apr 24, 2011 at 4:05 PM
    tonyplanet

tonyplanet [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Glendora, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    enough to get me there
    Finally got to installing my Leeper yesterday. After a long day of wrenching, the driverside coilovers leaks. I'm guessing a bad seal. Quality isn't there, and from reading other forum member posts, the Leeper have some leaking issues. Ok I'm fine with that, you get what you pay for.

My question is, could I still continue to ride on them. The leaking has stopped. However it did leak quite a lot. But I can't tell if the coilovers shot. It rides fine. Not sure maybe they leaked because they were over filled with oil, and now that there is weight on them, they leaked, hence the leaking stopped. Or they really do have s bad deal, and I'm doing more damage by riding on them. So far they have been riding fine, since the leak stopped. But it has only been a day.

Any advice? Should I continue to ride them, until I get them checked out or rebuilt, which probably won't happen till at least a month. By then I probably be fed up and get some fox.

2. Apr 24, 2011 at 4:31 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.

Get them re built. From what I have gathered, is Leeper used some cheap seals, and/or installed them iincorrectly. Talk to Sonny or Marco at Downsouth Motorsports. They can hook you up with a re build for about $150.00 for both.

3. Apr 24, 2011 at 7:12 PM
    nighthawk87

nighthawk87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'm so glad I got rid of my leepers and returned them.

Products Discussed in

To Top