Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacoma double cab bed length

Old 04-24-2011, 06:59 PM   #1
Storm is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Volunteer Firefighter
Storm's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma double cab bed length

I have a couple of questions for all you double cab owners. What is the bed length on your trucks?

Also, I have seen an article from Car and Driver that talks about a long bed double cab, it this an option that is rare or is it fairly standard?

Been thinking about options, and a Tacoma double cab, with a v6, a manual trans, and the TRD package, seems to fit what I wold like.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:01 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
The double cab short bed is 5', and the long bed option is 6'
Old 04-24-2011, 07:04 PM   #3
ExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
ExpoSpy's Tacoma Gallery
Well if you want the manual you can only get the short bed--5' bed. You can get it in either Off Road or Sport iirc
Old 04-24-2011, 07:05 PM   #4
Rashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rashnu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
I have a couple of questions for all you double cab owners. What is the bed length on your trucks?

Also, I have seen an article from Car and Driver that talks about a long bed double cab, it this an option that is rare or is it fairly standard?

Been thinking about options, and a Tacoma double cab, with a v6, a manual trans, and the TRD package, seems to fit what I wold like.
Which TRD package are you leaning towards?
Old 04-24-2011, 07:07 PM   #5
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have a couple of questions for all you double cab owners. What is the bed size on your trucks?

There is 2 TRD packages. The TRD Sport and theTRD Off Road. The basic diference if the sport doesn't have the locker and can be had in a double cab long bed. The TRD Sport also has the hood scoop and body colored bumpers, mirors, and door handles. You cannot get a double cab long bed in a manual. The double cab long bed isn't as common ad the double cab short bed but they are still around. I have a TRD Sport double cab long bed. I prefer the longer bed. Here is a few pics.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:07 PM   #6
Storm's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a way to tell the difference from looking at them, or is measuring the only way to tell?

Also, could someone get a measurement from the front corner of the bed, diagonal to the rear corner?
Old 04-24-2011, 07:12 PM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is there a way to tell the difference from looking at them, or is measuring the only way to tell?

Also, could someone get a measurement from the front corner of the bed, diagonal to the rear corner?
Yep the wheelbase is longer on the long bed, and the wheel wells aren't as close to the front of the bed as the short bed.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:15 PM   #8
Roccoaverto is on a distinguished road
Name: Rocco
Roccoaverto's Tacoma Gallery
Easy way to tell the difference between 5' and 6' bed

Just look at the space between the rear tire and the rear door.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:15 PM   #9
Storm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTacoma View Post
There is 2 TRD packages. The TRD Sport and theTRD Off Road. The basic diference if the sport doesn't have the locker and can be had in a double cab long bed. The TRD Sport also has the hood scoop and body colored bumpers, mirors, and door handles. You cannot get a double cab long bed in a manual. The double cab long bed isn't as common ad the double cab short bed but they are still around. I have a TRD Sport double cab long bed. I prefer the longer bed. Here is a few pics.

I guess one of my questions was answered before I asked it...

I guess the TRD Off Road would be what I am looking for cause it has the locker. I would be out of luck on the long bed either way, cause I am only looking for a manual trans.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:23 PM   #10
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I guess one of my questions was answered before I asked it...

I guess the TRD Off Road would be what I am looking for cause it has the locker. I would be out of luck on the long bed either way, cause I am only looking for a manual trans.
yep, no double cab long beds in TRD OFF Road or w/ a manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
those look like lb
Yes mine is a DBL Cab Long Bed.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:31 PM   #11
Storm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yep, no double cab long beds in TRD Sport or w/ a manual.

Yes mine is a DBL Cab Long Bed.
yours is a long bed sport, I dont get it.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:38 PM   #12

Quote:
yours is a long bed sport, I dont get it.
Sorry in my above post I ment to say no TRD Off Roads in the double cab long bed.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:38 PM   #13
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
It's no Trd offroad in long beds. They do make the sport in a log bed.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:40 PM   #14
Storm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sorry in my above post I ment to say no TRD Off Roads in the double cab long bed.
I thought that is what you meant, just got confused.

The reason I asked about bed length is I want a double cab, but I also play the upright bass. Although I havent been going out with it lately, I would like to start getting out with it more often, but I am not sure it would fit in the standard bed.

I guess I would have to choose between having a manual trans and a double cab, or having room to carry my bass... bummer.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:01 PM   #16

Quote:
I thought that is what you meant, just got confused.

The reason I asked about bed length is I want a double cab, but I also play the upright bass. Although I havent been going out with it lately, I would like to start getting out with it more often, but I am not sure it would fit in the standard bed.

I guess I would have to choose between having a manual trans and a double cab, or having room to carry my bass... bummer.
I really like the long bed. I cannot say that I really need te extra length very often but when going on trips you would be surprised how quickly 4 people and there stuff fills up the bed. Another thing to consider is the turning radius. The DB Cab Long bed has really crappy turning radius from the added length in the wheel base. But you do get used to it, and it doesn't bother me. If I had to drive in the city everyday and park in a parking garage I would probably consider a short bed.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:27 PM   #17
supralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
supralight's Tacoma Gallery
my long bed is exactly 73 5/8''
Old 04-24-2011, 11:09 PM   #18
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Long bed all the way, 5 foot bed is friggin useless to me, i'll survive with out the locker, gotta be able to load tools. Besides, IMO I thought the manual kinda sucked anyways.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:16 PM   #19
Bean&Cheese Taco
tiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to all
Army: E-2   13Fox
Name: VIC
tiresmokintacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Put it this way. If your a man. If u work. If u do all the thing a real man does. U will need a long bed. Short beds are only good to carry... carry nothing actually.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:44 AM   #20
Storm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiresmokintacoma View Post
Put it this way. If your a man. If u work. If u do all the thing a real man does. U will need a long bed. Short beds are only good to carry... carry nothing actually.
I am not trying to start an argument, but if this is the case, then you should be driving a 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck.

Which I do have access to, and can borrow anytime I need it, my dad's F350.