Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Thinking of doing a dash camera

Old 04-24-2011, 06:36 PM   #1
a89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
a89aries's Tacoma Gallery
Thinking of doing a dash camera

Recently I've been thinking of installing a dash camera in my truck. Back in the winter a guy caught this massive crash on the 401 with his camera which made me really want one. I'm thinking I will just mount it up by th rear view mirror, wire it to the auto dimming mirror power wire so it comes on every time I start the truck. I'll prob do the back up camera toggle switch too.

Anyone have nay experience with these before? Can anyone recommend a good camera? I did a quick search and could not find any threads on it.

Enjoy the crazy video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18FvMi1-vzg
Old 04-24-2011, 06:38 PM   #2
is one of the sharper tools in the shed
truckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
truckboattruck's Tacoma Gallery
gopro
Old 04-24-2011, 06:50 PM   #3
jmo is on a distinguished road
Marines: veteren
jmo's Tacoma Gallery
Damn. Thats crazy! glad that dude was paying attention.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:57 PM   #4
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Luckily for that dude there was no one coming in that other lane! Fast reaction times, nice!
Old 04-24-2011, 09:26 PM   #5
Tom0662 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tom
Tom0662's Tacoma Gallery
I have had GoPro before, good stuff. Am leaning toward getting the HD motorsports http://gopro.com/

This one looks like a good unit. http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/vehicle-camera.html I have bought from Brickhouse before, good company.

Lot of differant options here http://stuntcams.com/shop/dash-camer...ders-c-30.html

If you want to also see the awesome look on your face when you witness an accident or the police are pulling you over http://www.thevideocopilot.com/

This one would be awesome but is almost 1200 bux, you get what you pay for I guess. http://www.chasecam.com/

http://www.circletrack.com/ultimater...era/index.html

http://motorsportscamera.com/

http://www.ragecams.com/shop/

Anyway, a few I came across.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:32 PM   #6
AZtacoma05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZtacoma05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZtacoma05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZtacoma05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZtacoma05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZtacoma05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZtacoma05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZtacoma05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZtacoma05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZtacoma05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZtacoma05 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
AZtacoma05's Tacoma Gallery
Contour HD, I like it better than the GoPro because of the shape. They also make a windshield mount for it too. The quality is great too.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:39 AM   #7
fjrmurph will become famous soon enoughfjrmurph will become famous soon enough
fjrmurph's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZtacoma05 View Post
Contour HD, I like it better than the GoPro because of the shape. They also make a windshield mount for it too. The quality is great too.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:22 AM   #8
fvtalon is a jewel in the roughfvtalon is a jewel in the roughfvtalon is a jewel in the roughfvtalon is a jewel in the rough

Name: Mike
fvtalon's Tacoma Gallery
I've been thinking about one of these too. It would be neat to have some video of some of the close calls I've seen. The other, more important, thing though is it might prove invaluable in the event of an accident to have some video proof of your story and be able to short circuit a prolonged he said/she said battle with the insurance companies.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:26 PM   #9
RedTaco2134 will become famous soon enoughRedTaco2134 will become famous soon enough

Army: E-1
Name: Scott
RedTaco2134's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing Compares to a GoPro. I own a HelmetHD Hero w/LCD screen. I absolutely love mine to death, and it has survived some gnarly crashes on my YFZ, snowboard. I have taken it diving up to 60ft. with zero problems, and last year while fishing I dropped it about 30ft. off a ridge, climbed to just to see it was unscathed. I swear by this camera on everything! Hands down you have more mounts than any other helmet camera, and at the price of cheap. They have an excellent customer service and the guarantee all their mounts. I have owned my camera for one year, and have had no problems with any of the equipment what so ever.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:36 PM   #10
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
there is a old thread somewhere around here, the one a member bought was pretty awesome. It had integrated gps so it could tell your vehicle position and speed, it would also auto record if it detected a collision (via instant speed difference).
Old 04-25-2011, 01:39 PM   #11
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uood8 View Post
there is a old thread somewhere around here, the one a member bought was pretty awesome. It had integrated gps so it could tell your vehicle position and speed, it would also auto record if it detected a collision (via instant speed difference).
http://www.thecarblackbox.com/

mjp2 has them in his race truck

i put 3 of them in driving school cars that teenagers learn to drive in
Old 04-25-2011, 01:46 PM   #12
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...cameras-2.html
Old 04-25-2011, 02:38 PM   #13
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
GoPro HD