Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TRD Cold Air Intake if I have a TRD Air Filter

Old 04-24-2011, 09:40 PM   #1
mountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stefan
mountainprimat2's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Cold Air Intake if I have a TRD Air Filter

So I'm looking at jumping on this TRD CAI group buy that ends in a couple days but reading a couple of reviews, I'm not sure exactly what the product entails. I have a TRD Air Filter on my 09 and am wondering if the CAI already has a filter build in that would take the place of the TRD Air Filter I have now......or will they work together. A couple of reviews on the forums say a different things.......I'll keep searching for answers, just wondering if anyone could help me out. Thanks guys
Old 04-24-2011, 09:43 PM   #2
Camburg :)
Ptowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryce
Ptowntaco's Tacoma Gallery
its going to replace your stock air box an TRD filter with a better flowing air box an TRD filter
Old 04-24-2011, 10:23 PM   #4
Camburg :)
Ptowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryce
Ptowntaco's Tacoma Gallery
Right now you just have the TRD drop in filter right?

cause you will be replacing that with this. (see pic) An yes you will see a little more HP an better MPG. not much but some...

[/QUOTE]
Old 04-24-2011, 10:25 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The intake in the group buy isn't as goos as the old style intake. You may see 1 or 2hp on the top end.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:44 AM   #6
crack rules!!
AZ~Taco is on a distinguished road

Name: J.R.
AZ~Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Does the clear lid come on the new ones OR is it a mod lid?