Notices

Glassworks fenders + stock bumper - bumper caps

Old 04-24-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
glassman is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
glassman's Tacoma Gallery
Glassworks fenders + stock bumper - bumper caps

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone out there was running the Glassworks front fenders, without the bumper caps, but with the stock taco bumper? Just curious how absurd this will look (or not), since I'll likely end up ditching the stock bumper, but not for some time (and would rather not blow the $170 after shipping, + painting/install on the bumper caps).

thanks, and any pics would be awesome.

Side note- how wide is your front-end, edge of Glassworks fender to edge of Glassworks fender? I can't remember the numbers, but after measuring my (stock) truck's width up front and adding 4" to each side, it still was *just* narrower than the side mirror-to-side mirror width (parking space issues...it's tight already...). I need to be < 90", though this gives me some leeway.

thanks!
Old 04-24-2011, 10:06 PM   #3
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Look at socalrunner's 2nd gen build. He's in the process of LT but has a pic of his glass with a stock bumper and no caps. Looks funky haha
Old 04-25-2011, 05:41 PM   #4
thanks rc, i'll scope out his build.

also, i googled the crap out of it and could not find anything (though I found some nice pictures where people somehow molded the caps into the bumper so that it looked nice and continuous. that was pretty sweet).
Old 04-25-2011, 05:46 PM   #5
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
I saw one online with a red bed bar and red nfab light bar with glassworks and no bumper caps
Old 04-26-2011, 10:14 PM   #7
awesome man, thanks very much. I swear I searched the shit of the interwebs, and could come up with nothing but either fenders + no bumper, fenders + aftermarket skidplate/bumper, or fenders + stock bumper + bumper caps.

It does indeed look strange, but not sure it's strange enough to not use while saving up a few more dollars to get a nerf bar.

thanks again.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:17 PM   #8
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
http://canadiantacomas.com/index.php?topic=127.0
Old 04-26-2011, 10:25 PM   #9
StatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud of

Name: Joey
StatutoryAPE's Tacoma Gallery
that looks retarded. needs a tube bumper
Old 04-26-2011, 10:27 PM   #10
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatutoryAPE View Post
that looks retarded. needs a tube bumper
yup ide never do glass without an aftermarket bumper or stock with caps looks weird
Old 04-26-2011, 10:45 PM   #11
RZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
RZRob's Tacoma Gallery
I went in and looked at their fenders. They're a good quality product. Blackhawk88 on here has them on his too and has a pic of his on his sig. It was in their shop at the time. I thought you were talking about the back bumper caps because they make them too. I want to do the fronts and bedsides, but with the shell, it's an issue. Of course I need suspension too.

RZ Rob

Old 04-29-2011, 08:14 PM   #12
StatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud of

Name: Joey
StatutoryAPE's Tacoma Gallery
i think glass fenders look funny even if the wheels arent sticking out past them.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:17 PM   #13
thanks for the pictures. not sure how the hell you guys managed to find them, but that's just what i was looking for. guess i'll just get the bumper caps in lieu of having them painted before install, and do that later!
Old 05-25-2011, 06:26 PM   #14
Xbox GT: Yodaman8806
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
Name: Matt
Underdog777's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set sitting in my garage waiting to be put on. Problem is, I don't have the first clue how to go about it. Tried searching for a "how-to" and couldn't find nothing. Anyone down to help me out on this?