Notices

Put a lock on a 2011 Tacoma tailgate

Old 10-11-2011, 06:33 AM   #21
Chris135 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
Chris135's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisSeattle View Post
Thanks Chris135. Sorry, I didn't get daylight photos before I sewed up the patient. There's a small gap around the camera, but a much larger one around the plastic lever that moves when you lift the handle.

If I had some adhesive plastic film, like floor protectant, I would have cut a square foot and laid it over the handle from the inside to keep the salt spray from spreading throughout the innards of the tailgate.
I see, I might have to consider this when I get a cover in the future. Not too keen on having open gaps but I guess I'll have to see what's out there. Sorry shrek for the detour in your thread.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #22
Blackhawk131 is on a distinguished road
Blackhawk131's Tacoma Gallery
I have a question, I just got my 2006 tacoma and it has a tailgate lock but no keys. How do I get a replacement set and is this a toyota option or after market only? Who makes this tailgate locks?
Old 10-21-2011, 09:17 PM   #23
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
I got a hardcover tonneau cover with the two locks on it and it goes over my tail gate so it can't be opened.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:21 PM   #24
the point is simply this
georgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
georgeandkanoa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808matt View Post
shes back,haven't seen her in ages
Old 10-22-2011, 09:46 AM   #25
DenisSeattle is on a distinguished road
DenisSeattle's Tacoma Gallery
Blackhawk, the main two are dynolock and pop n lock.check out their photos to match your locks. You'll probably have to open your tailgate panel to get a key number. Or you can replace the whole lock and handle for about $50.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:38 PM   #26
Blackhawk131 is on a distinguished road
Blackhawk131's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisSeattle View Post
Blackhawk, the main two are dynolock and pop n lock.check out their photos to match your locks. You'll probably have to open your tailgate panel to get a key number. Or you can replace the whole lock and handle for about $50.
Thank you! That is the information I needed.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:46 AM   #27
buckwild is on a distinguished road
Name: Bill
buckwild's Tacoma Gallery
Is there any other lock besides Pop-n-Lock that can be used & not have to move the camera?
Old 02-20-2013, 01:08 AM   #28
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckwild View Post
Is there any other lock besides Pop-n-Lock that can be used & not have to move the camera?
If you get the powered version, you do not have to touch the camera.

http://www.popandlock.net/Power_Tail...coma/PL8521-79
Old 02-20-2013, 06:38 AM   #29
Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Cain's Tacoma Gallery
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckwild View Post
Moving the camera isn't a problem, in fact it's a better angle than stock and there is nothing to it labor wise.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #30
DenisSeattle is on a distinguished road
DenisSeattle's Tacoma Gallery
Locks itself

A year later I am getting frustrated with the Pop-n-Lock randomly locking itself. Really. I unlock it, open & close the tailgate, and it's locked. It can be a nuisance. Otherwise it's working fine. (At least it isn't unlocking itself!)

(Edit: I have the keyed Pop & Lock PL5300 Tailgate Lock with Camera on my 2011 TRD Off-Road short bed)
Old 02-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #31
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
If you unlock, and then dont open a door, it will relock itself including the taildate.