LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Can an '07 be better than a '10?

Old 04-29-2011, 09:11 AM   #21
supralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
supralight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueT View Post
How so ?
Just do the test youself if you have access to an auto lsd during winter. I did the test OFTEN because I couldn't believe it. Place 1 rear wheel on an ice Patch (or other slippery surface that fits only 1 wheel) and the other rear wheel on asphalt then apply throttle aggressively: wheel on asphalt go as far as spinning with enough throttle (with trd off road and hydraulic booster).

On my 09 with normal brake booster, the test would give similar results but you would need more wheel-spin differential to get similar effect, though not as strongly as the trd off road (wheel on asphalt would not spin).

Well anyway, I don't think a stock mech lsd would go as far as making the wheel on asphalt spin. But as you told in a post later, there are still advantages of the mech, but then it's a matter of taste and opinions, and I like technology so...
Old 05-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #22
Uncelou1980 is on a distinguished road
Uncelou1980's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2006 TRD Sports Package (2WD) and how the hell do i know if i have a mechanical LSD or Automatic LSD ???????
Old 05-01-2011, 12:19 PM   #23
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
To answer your question OP, I noticed the exact same thing. My 2008 PreRunner was more solid. You can tell where they mashed panels together in the interior on the 10, things are squeaking all through the interior my 08 never did, just overall things seem to be slapped together instead of taking a little pride and torquing things down correctly, ect.

That said, the engine itself and all that is perfectly fine/same. It's built in Japan anyway so there's no issue there.

It's hard to put a finger on it, but I feel the same way with it. However, now that I've beefed it all up she's running nice I still have to fix the borked seals for the damn whistling though.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:22 PM   #25
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Also as for traction control... that's a whole diffrent discussion. His real question at the start was about quality control (at least how I saw it). A-TRAC is a great feature, the rear locker is identical to the 08 I had. A-LSD is better than no LSD, and there is a slight advantage that it's easier/cheaper to maintain breaks than replace clutch packs. That said, in raw power applications there is zero replacement for a true LSD... or welding it locked in drag :P Seeing as most Tacoma's are going the off-road route... that's typically a non issue minus the x-runners and of course, superwerty