Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Attachment or set up to keep Dog in truck bed?

Old 04-25-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
soflasurfr will become famous soon enough
soflasurfr's Tacoma Gallery
Attachment or set up to keep Dog in truck bed?

I have a really tall and top heavy English mastiff who can't ride in the back of my truck without easily falling out. I don't really want to get a camper just to drive him places...

Anyone find a good tacoma worthy way to keep their dog in their truck?
Old 04-25-2011, 04:14 PM   #2
Geo-EngaNerd
mcaanda is on a distinguished road

Air Force: I made sure F-15's didnt crash
Name: mcaanda
mcaanda's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to mcaanda Send a message via MSN to mcaanda Send a message via Yahoo to mcaanda
Full Dog Harness, strapped to bottom of the harness attached to cables between the D-Rings.

Had a buddy do the same and it allowed the dog to move about the bed, but not able to jump up over the rails.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:34 PM   #3
soflasurfr will become famous soon enough
soflasurfr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcaanda View Post
Full Dog Harness, strapped to bottom of the harness attached to cables between the D-Rings.

Had a buddy do the same and it allowed the dog to move about the bed, but not able to jump up over the rails.
Can you elaborate a bit more, you harness is just attached to two cables between the D-rings? That simple?

Thanks man
Old 04-25-2011, 05:19 PM   #4
jcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud of
jcayce's Tacoma Gallery
I second the cable and harness. The other day I was at Home Depot and snapped a pictures of this Pup Hut with my phone:

Old 04-25-2011, 05:22 PM   #5
jcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud of
jcayce's Tacoma Gallery
AND they have this harness on their website:
http://store.puphut.com/dogrestraint.html
Old 04-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #6
jcayce's Tacoma Gallery
It looks like the Pup Hut is for full size pickups but from the way that it looks, I think that it would fit on the Tacoma, just have a higher ceiling with less angle to the sides. That and the harness are a really good price...how do I rep myself?
Old 04-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #7
FJ Cruiser
KEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kurt
KEG'sTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to KEG'sTACO
Seems as if they only make PupHuts for fullsize pick-ups. That's a huge disappointment.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:19 PM   #8
Wrangler Convert
sixdoubleseven will become famous soon enough

Name: Dave
sixdoubleseven's Tacoma Gallery
I was going to get this for my last wrangler. Only reason I didn't was because the company stopped selling them for a short time.

http://www.buckleuppup.com/products.html
Old 04-25-2011, 07:30 PM   #9
the town is back that way
GeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Freeda Feltcher
GeoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i was thinkging about making an "X" in the bed with climbing rope, then using a caribiner, attaching the dog in the middle with just enough leash to get his head close to the side, 2-3 feet. that way he can wonder the entire bed, but cant jump out and hang himself, and should not get too tangled. make sense?
Old 04-25-2011, 09:22 PM   #10
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Someone on here made a cage using pvc. It looked very good and practical.