LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New Tacoma rust proofing

Old 04-25-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
roycameron is on a distinguished road
roycameron's Tacoma Gallery
New Tacoma rust proofing

Just wondering if it is worth doing the dealership rust proofing, about 699 CAN. The dealer did not recommend krown as they say drilling holes in body panels is bad, do you guys agree. What about the old style oil from oil tech is that any good on a new Vehicle. I have also read guys doing in them selves with spray on bed liner for the frame. Just looking for some opinions
Thanks
Old 04-25-2011, 04:42 PM   #2
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roycameron View Post
Just wondering if it is worth doing the dealership rust proofing, about 699 CAN. The dealer did not recommend krown as they say drilling holes in body panels is bad, do you guys agree. What about the old style oil from oil tech is that any good on a new Vehicle. I have also read guys doing in them selves with spray on bed liner for the frame. Just looking for some opinions
Thanks
Have them spray paint underside of that thing since its new. Not sure what they use in Canada but here in NE dealer undercoating sucks
Old 04-25-2011, 04:46 PM   #3
What we don't have we make.
Norcan is on a distinguished road

Name: Jerry
Norcan's Tacoma Gallery
I'm having my done by the dealer predelivery. Krown works but some of them do drill holes and I don't like that. Also the deal one I got came with a life warrenty as long as they do the free once a year inspection. Cost is about the same is a few years of Krown.

Good luck
Old 04-25-2011, 05:11 PM   #4
supralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
supralight's Tacoma Gallery
Every good rust proofing shop WILL drill holes in your doors, rockers and tailgate. My 2011 has holes. They put black caps on them, it's not like you will have big empty holes laying around. They don't do that for fun, it's the only way to protect the interior of body panels, and here in salt country it is, as far as I know, the only reliable way to keep your car rust-free
Old 04-25-2011, 05:14 PM   #5
Irish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Irish020's Tacoma Gallery
I had the "TST" treatment on my '05 new with Teflon like coating on paint, stain treatment on interior fabric, and an under spray coating. Had it up to put on exhaust this month and only visible rust is on the bottom surface of frame rails. I live in PA and they like to use salt here.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:07 AM   #6
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
I have been getting my truck rust-proofed with Krown now for the past few years. I have no issues with them drilling hoes. I like the fact that Krown covers a vast area and they put the stuff inside areas that are prone to rust, not just on the surface. I also like the fact that is runny and helps keep bolts and stuff from seizing. I'll continue to get my truck done with Krown yearly. Love the stuff
Old 04-26-2011, 07:19 AM   #7
sam_i02 is on a distinguished road

Name: Samir
sam_i02's Tacoma Gallery
I second the Krown treatment. Will be getting mine done in the next few weeks as soon as I have ~$100 to spare!