Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Please help...found the source of my squeak! Is this dangerous?

Old 04-25-2011, 05:17 PM   #1
jmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jmed99's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Please help...found the source of my squeak! Is this dangerous?

Ok I was spraying some WD-40 to see if it would help my squeak and I noticed I'm missing a nut and washer from the bolt in the pics and the bolt has slipped out a little but cant slip anymore because the head of the bolt is up against another part.

I hope it's not dangerous to ride like this for a day or two so I can get a nut and washer like the other side has. Where can I get one of these nuts and washers? I need these soon!

Thanks guys!

Sorry the last two pics should be rotated.
Attached Thumbnails
Please help...found the source of my squeak!  Is this dangerous?-img_20110425_200101.jpg   Please help...found the source of my squeak!  Is this dangerous?-img_20110425_200210.jpg   Please help...found the source of my squeak!  Is this dangerous?-img_20110425_200217.jpg  
Old 04-25-2011, 05:22 PM   #4
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Certainly not good- but like you said- it's not gunna go anywhere. Just get a nut and washer on it ASAP.
fixed(:

what does that hold on exactly? i cant see ha
Old 04-25-2011, 05:26 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
fixed(:

what does that hold on exactly? i cant see ha
Leaf springs.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:28 PM   #6
o_o
Special_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Eddie
Special_K's Tacoma Gallery
Ha. I was doing the diff breather mod about a month ago and saw the same thing happened to me. Except my bolt had back out as well. Couldn't get it back in. Drove to the dealer about 15 min away no problem and got it fixed with a bolt and lock tight. Should be fine to drive til you fix it just don't jump your truck.

I had no idea how long it was like this, thank goodness I caught it before it flew out completely. Apparently once the nuts loosen up back there they pretty much just go. Glad I caught it before going to the desert with lembowski that night

Old 04-25-2011, 06:10 PM   #8
jmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jmed99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
Ha. I was doing the diff breather mod about a month ago and saw the same thing happened to me. Except my bolt had back out as well. Couldn't get it back in. Drove to the dealer about 15 min away no problem and got it fixed with a bolt and lock tight. Should be fine to drive til you fix it just don't jump your truck.

I had no idea how long it was like this, thank goodness I caught it before it flew out completely. Apparently once the nuts loosen up back there they pretty much just go. Glad I caught it before going to the desert with lembowski that night

The nut that came off on mine is actually the nut right above the one that came off one yours.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:22 AM   #9
Banned
Kauluwela is just really niceKauluwela is just really niceKauluwela is just really niceKauluwela is just really niceKauluwela is just really nice
Name: Dave
Kauluwela's Tacoma Gallery
Go to your local screw and nut store and get Grade 8 Nylocks that match the thread angle and replace all of them. Torque them to spec. Problem solved.