The following are not my pictures, and not my writeup. I know the detail leaves a bit to be desired, but its what I have so it is what you get.
Basically, my truck has an OEM roof rack meant for a double cab, but cut down and modified for an access cab. As I've posted pics on here I've gotten a lot of messages and posts asking how I did this, and the unfortunate answer was I didn't. So I petitioned the Previous Owner for what he used for a writeup or if he made one himself and he sent me the following.
I'll post the writeup pics then a couple pics of my truck with it on.
EDIT: Someone has posted the original source! Fantastic now credit can go where it's due. I've changed my quote to link to his post on the matter. Again I have not done this myself so PM him if you need help
Ok here is the finished product.
First I'll explain it:
I removed 12.75 inches from the center of the rack. You will see how I rejoined it right on one of the
I then cut 4 patches out of the remaining pieces to use on the inside. I glued the sections together as well as embedded galvanized wire from some fence to add some strength. I used the two part epoxy you'll see in the pictures I got from my local autobody supply house.
While the glue was a bit flexible I set it back down on the roof to make sure it formed well. I left it
there overnight to dry.
I then sanded it down with 800 grit and applied a black bumper and trim polish (not pictured) in a shoe
polish type applicator to bring the shine back.
To install I removed the headliner and drilled through the roof as the access cab does not have the
factory installed weldbolts. The roof rack came with some caulking type washers that do a nice job of
sealing it up but to be sure I siliconed all bolts again. I just came back from the car wash and no
Hopefully the pictures will answer any questions.
And a closeup of the epoxy which I guess has some bumper paint on it, to make it match. Looks pretty darn good I'd say!
Hard to tell since I took the pic in the rain though, sorry!