Notices

OEM Bed Extender Install Write-Up

Old 09-16-2011, 02:35 PM   #21
sonocotaco is on a distinguished road
Name: ken
sonocotaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenaline66 View Post
Dude, that sucks. Guess the only real problem is that even with the tailgate closed, the Extender could be removed by some unscrupulous Jack**s who wants to save dough. Not that that ever happens.
Yeah I just got mine installed and I'm securing it with a bicycle lock thru D-ring. The'll steal anything around here.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #23
adrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: RLTW
Name: Dante
adrenaline66's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregLee98 View Post
OP Thanks for the write up. Helped me install for a friend.
Good pics too. I have template copies that were good.
GregLee, Glad to hear it helped, hope your friend is enjoying the extender.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:41 AM   #24
bradrulz is on a distinguished road
bradrulz's Tacoma Gallery
Will and ARE LSII Tonneau Cover work with the OEM Bed Extender

I am buying a ARE LSII Tonneau cover and also looking at buying the OEM Tacoma Extender. Was wondering if anyone has this combo and if the tonneau cover interferes with the extender?
Old 02-22-2012, 08:52 AM   #25
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
To be honest, I believe the Tundra and Tacoma Extenders are the same. The center bars slide into the ends allowing you to spread/close the gaps to get the proper fit. If memory serves, the instructions even say Tundra on them. Give me a day and I will see if I still have the instructions/templates and I will see about emailing them to you. It says the dimensions to check that the templates are positioned right.
That bed extender im a 100% sure is really a universal AMP Research bed extender (they also make that bed step). with the full size truck hardware removed from the kit It will fit in pretty much whatever truck you have.

http://www.amp-research.com/products.../bed-x-tender/
Old 02-24-2012, 03:08 AM   #26
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
I'm guessing these bed extenders just lift out of the clips if you need to remove it? I wouldn't mind having one but don't want it to be in the way of hauling larger objects. TIA.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:56 PM   #29
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
OP and others ... thanks for this thread ... now I am going to use my "new in the box 2007 Tundra bed extender " on my Tacoma ...
Old 02-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #30
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job and great detail for installing.........might have to get me one
Old 02-24-2012, 05:15 PM   #31
TAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
TAOScott's Tacoma Gallery
AMP has redesigned the Extender, still mounts in the same manner. Not sure if Toyota will be continuing with the old, or changing over to the new.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:57 AM   #32
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
To be honest, I believe the Tundra and Tacoma Extenders are the same. The center bars slide into the ends allowing you to spread/close the gaps to get the proper fit. If memory serves, the instructions even say Tundra on them. Give me a day and I will see if I still have the instructions/templates and I will see about emailing them to you. It says the dimensions to check that the templates are positioned right.
So I wonder if other extenders are the same way? For instance, I know where an 01-04 Nissan Frontier that is parting out. Has a bed extender in it that as far as I can tell looks like the Toyota one. Was wondering if I should try to get it for cheap?
Old 02-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #33
TAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
TAOScott's Tacoma Gallery
As long as we are speaking of the "old" design extenders, they are in general are the same, the difference is the plastic tube spacers. These control the installed height of the part. The tubes on the older ones would be cut down depending on the vehicle, so it is still possible that they can interchange to a new, or even different make truck.

The "new" style HD model is a different story all together. These have specific tubes for the installed vehicle. Interchanges may mot be as easy to do.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:25 PM   #34
knine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 4th Fighter Wing
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know the width of a stock bed extender?
Old 07-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #35
tacotime2012 is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
tacotime2012's Tacoma Gallery
Hi all,

I'm buying one of these extenders off of someone, but he does not have the templates. I've also tried this link but it doesn't work. Does anyone have a working template?

Thanks in advace for any help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryS View Post
Old 07-26-2012, 06:34 PM   #36
Robo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to behold
Law Enforcement: Deputy
Robo02cop's Tacoma Gallery
They worked for me!! I was just about to sub so I can find them again when I am on a computer with a printer instead of my iPad!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #37
1FSTLS1 is on a distinguished road

1FSTLS1's Tacoma Gallery
Any one have a cap/shell with one of these? Any problems with the fit?
Old 12-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #38
adrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: RLTW
Name: Dante
adrenaline66's Tacoma Gallery
Can't speak for the aftermarket ones, but the TOYOTA Bed Extender shouldn't pose an issue. When you rotate in/out of the bed, it only goes above the bed rails about a foot. Unless your cap is really, really low, it shouldn't be any problem.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #39
1FSTLS1 is on a distinguished road

1FSTLS1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Can't speak for the aftermarket ones, but the TOYOTA Bed Extender shouldn't pose an issue. When you rotate in/out of the bed, it only goes above the bed rails about a foot. Unless your cap is really, really low, it shouldn't be any problem.

Thanks
Old 01-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #40
MAXBOI
maxboi is a jewel in the roughmaxboi is a jewel in the roughmaxboi is a jewel in the rough
Name: Brian
maxboi's Tacoma Gallery
CL score for $35 plus had to buy the hardware kit for another $35