1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question on Westin Platinum for Double-Cab

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Teufel Hunden, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Sep 28, 2008 at 5:35 PM
    Teufel Hunden

Teufel Hunden [OP] No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    09 MGray DC SB TRD-OR 4x4 V6 Auto SR5
    Undercover tonneau, OEM tow package with hitch, OEM retractable roof rack, Front window tint (legal), WeatherTech FloorLiners, Door sill protectors, Tacoma bed mat, Rear leaf spring TSB, OEM DRL mod, Door edge guards, AFE Pro-Dry S Air Filter, Removed secondary air filter, Smoked LED 3rd brake light, Romik running boards, Go Rhino hitch step, Extra set of D-rings mod, Bed cargo net, TRD wheel locks, OBX sport pedal covers.
    For anyone that has the Westin Platinum Series Side Steps for the Double-Cabs, I am wondering haw far out they protrude from the side of the truck. A measurement would be fine, but pictures would be great. I am asking because I'm interested in them, but I want to know if they will protect from dings from other people's doors. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

2. Sep 28, 2008 at 5:40 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    They will protect from dings, they stick out probably about 4-5 inches. I'd get a pic but the Eagles are on right now so that isn't happening. ;)

3. Sep 29, 2008 at 7:40 AM
    Teufel Hunden

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Undercover tonneau, OEM tow package with hitch, OEM retractable roof rack, Front window tint (legal), WeatherTech FloorLiners, Door sill protectors, Tacoma bed mat, Rear leaf spring TSB, OEM DRL mod, Door edge guards, AFE Pro-Dry S Air Filter, Removed secondary air filter, Smoked LED 3rd brake light, Romik running boards, Go Rhino hitch step, Extra set of D-rings mod, Bed cargo net, TRD wheel locks, OBX sport pedal covers.
    No problem, thanks a lot for the info!

4. Sep 29, 2008 at 7:44 AM
    Teufel Hunden

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    By the way WilsonTheDog, I just noticed in your profile that you have the Fireston Destination AT tires. I was considering getting those exact tires in that exact size, and was wondering how you liked them? Any problems? Do they rub at all? Would you buy them again? Thanks in advance for any info that you can give.

5. Sep 29, 2008 at 8:40 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod

I have the Destination A/T's and they are great... I do prefer something with a more agressive look and feel to them, but for what you pay for them - not bad... Just my $.02...

6. Sep 29, 2008 at 9:38 AM
    Teufel Hunden

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Great info, thanks!

7. Sep 29, 2008 at 4:23 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    No rubbing, no difference in MPG from the OEM size (245/75/16), slight noise with the windows open but none at all closed, no problems at all. I've had them since February or approx 8K miles and I would buy them again at this point. I think they're a great tire for someone who wants an A/T but drives on road most of the time. The price was right, too: $504 from the local Firestone dealer (P metric).

And I wasted my time watching that Eagles game last night. I really wanted to put the remote through the TV.

8. Sep 29, 2008 at 10:11 PM
    Teufel Hunden

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Thanks a lot for the great information and answering my questions! After hearing from you and USMCBulldog, I've decided that I will get these tires when it's time to change.

Sorry to hear about your team. :(

I do have two more questions I forgot to ask: Did you replace the spare tire also? If so, any issues with the spare fitting in its spot?

9. Sep 29, 2008 at 10:14 PM
    Teufel Hunden

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Thanks again for your help, I've decided to buy these tires when my old ones wear out.

I forgot to ask you a couple questions: Did you replace the spare tire also? Did you have any problems with the spare fitting in its spot?

10. Sep 30, 2008 at 7:01 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    I didn't replace the spare. I probably should at some point but I held off for the time being. With a child arriving within the next 3 weeks, I'm not going far from home so I'm fine with the OEM spare for now.

11. Oct 3, 2008 at 12:58 PM
    Teufel Hunden

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Congratulations on your new child arriving soon! I wish you and your family the very best!

12. Oct 3, 2008 at 5:51 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    ^Thanks, I appreciate that. :)

Products Discussed in

To Top