Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2.7l True Custom Intake

Old 09-28-2008, 06:53 PM   #1
no_werries will become famous soon enough

no_werries's Tacoma Gallery
2.7l True Custom Intake

Was helping a friend move today when I seen an intake tube that used to belong to an old honda civic, well the gears got craking in my head and this is what they grinded out

I had to cut the intake down to fit in length, I was able to use the original rubber hose from the intake box to clamp the one end on, there is no hose clamp on the one end cause there is no need, I had to throw the rubber hose in the microwave for 30 seconds so I could stretch the rubber around, I then just drilled a hole for the valve hose, and there was another small rubber hose coming off the stock intakes reisonator so I drilled a hole for that to, and this is what I got!
BTW I have a drop in K&N air filter all ready, sounds beefier when I lay down on the gas, maybe a little improvement in throttle response, might all be in my head! I have a cone for the end that I was able to cut a slot for the mass air flow sensor into the side of the rubber neck, so I could throw that on, but I like the fact the I could keep the stock air box, tell you the truth I dont think this is far off from how a Volant is designed!
Old 09-28-2008, 06:56 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
cool and creative mod bro!!! good job......and now you have a high flow tube!!! i like it!!
Old 09-28-2008, 07:06 PM   #3
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
cool. good build.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:19 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunesDoesTRD View Post
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle-
Good on you for putting a lil extra effort in to make your truck really yours.
well said buddy!!
Old 09-28-2008, 07:22 PM   #6
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Put a hose clamp on the other end anyway. It can loosen up and can also pull loose with engine movement.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:27 PM   #7
no_werries will become famous soon enough

no_werries's Tacoma Gallery
well noted, I had already planned on doing that, just I burned the midnight oil on this project and didnt have one big enough!, gonna stop by Canadian Tire tomorrow and pick one up!
Old 09-28-2008, 07:37 PM   #8
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Good job, btw. Good to see folks using their skills.