1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2.7l True Custom Intake

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by no_werries, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Sep 28, 2008 at 6:53 PM
    no_werries

no_werries [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Simcoe County, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 reg cab Indigo Ink 5 speed
    CAI, 2 1/2" rear lift AAL, Ready Lift strut ext. & diff drop = 2 1/2" front lift, tweaked clutch, Magnaflo Muffler & Custom exhaust 265/75/16lt Nitto Terra Grappler 8ply on stock rims. Huskyliners
    Was helping a friend move today when I seen an intake tube that used to belong to an old honda civic, well the gears got craking in my head and this is what they grinded out

[​IMG]

I had to cut the intake down to fit in length, I was able to use the original rubber hose from the intake box to clamp the one end on, there is no hose clamp on the one end cause there is no need, I had to throw the rubber hose in the microwave for 30 seconds so I could stretch the rubber around, I then just drilled a hole for the valve hose, and there was another small rubber hose coming off the stock intakes reisonator so I drilled a hole for that to, and this is what I got!
    BTW I have a drop in K&N air filter all ready, sounds beefier when I lay down on the gas, maybe a little improvement in throttle response, might all be in my head! I have a cone for the end that I was able to cut a slot for the mass air flow sensor into the side of the rubber neck, so I could throw that on, but I like the fact the I could keep the stock air box, tell you the truth I dont think this is far off from how a Volant is designed!

2. Sep 28, 2008 at 6:56 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    cool and creative mod bro!!! good job......and now you have a high flow tube!!! i like it!!:)

3. Sep 28, 2008 at 7:06 PM
    beastlytaco

beastlytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    cool. good build.

4. Sep 28, 2008 at 7:08 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Reduce, Reuse, Recycle-
    Good on you for putting a lil extra effort in to make your truck really yours.

5. Sep 28, 2008 at 7:19 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    well said buddy!!:)

6. Sep 28, 2008 at 7:22 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    Put a hose clamp on the other end anyway. It can loosen up and can also pull loose with engine movement.

7. Sep 28, 2008 at 7:27 PM
    no_werries

no_werries [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Simcoe County, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 reg cab Indigo Ink 5 speed
    CAI, 2 1/2" rear lift AAL, Ready Lift strut ext. & diff drop = 2 1/2" front lift, tweaked clutch, Magnaflo Muffler & Custom exhaust 265/75/16lt Nitto Terra Grappler 8ply on stock rims. Huskyliners
    well noted, I had already planned on doing that, just I burned the midnight oil on this project and didnt have one big enough!, gonna stop by Canadian Tire tomorrow and pick one up!

8. Sep 28, 2008 at 7:37 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    Good job, btw. Good to see folks using their skills.

Products Discussed in

To Top