Notices

Need lift kit advise

Old 04-26-2011, 07:27 AM   #1
Claude LeChasseur is on a distinguished road
Name: Claude
Claude LeChasseur's Tacoma Gallery
Need lift kit advise

Hi everyone,

Just bought a brand new 2011 4X4 Tacoma truck. It is an access cab with an automatic transmission and with the 4 cylinder engine (2.7L).

My new truck has less ground clearance than my old 2000 Tacoma (), and I would like to improve ground clearance because I need to go in forest trails when I go hunting or train my dogs.

I'm thinking about a small lift, about 3 inches. Could you please help me to select the best option for my needs.

1) would you have a lift kit model and manufacturer to recommand me and the optimal front and rear lift (3 in 1 in or 3 in 2 in,...)

2) what impacts a lift kit would have on the driving, on the gas consumption, on the Toyota warranty, on my drive train joints and differentials?

3) Should I replace the shock absorbers? and what model and munufacturer would you recommand, I would like to get something heavyduty

4) Should I get it aligned when I got the lift kit installed?

Thank you all for your precious information and advise.

Claude,

Old 04-26-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
Puud33 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
Puud33's Tacoma Gallery
OME lift kits are probably the most popular. This is one of the better sites to look at kits.
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...=113&Itemid=72

As for the warranty im not positive if a smaller 3 inch or less lift would void it, but Im certain the bigger six inch lifts would because of all the changes made to the frame and other parts of the car.

More often then not when you put on bigger tires and a lift your speedometer will be off.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:35 PM   #3
TacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Billyson
TacoBS's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty sure the warranty would be voided... in California it is anyway. I'm gonna get a few miles on my '11 before I go with any lift for that reason. A leveling kit will not void the warranty and might suffice for a bit more clearance than stock. And it is relatively cheap.

Definitely get it aligned (and adjust the lights too, unless you want to get flashed all time.)

Gear ratios could be an issue also with any increase in tire size as well.

Good luck!
Old 04-27-2011, 05:55 AM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puud33 View Post
OME lift kits are probably the most popular. This is one of the better sites to look at kits.
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...=113&Itemid=72

As for the warranty im not positive if a smaller 3 inch or less lift would void it, but Im certain the bigger six inch lifts would because of all the changes made to the frame and other parts of the car.

More often then not when you put on bigger tires and a lift your speedometer will be off.
Thanks Mark,
Old 04-27-2011, 05:57 AM   #5
Thanks Taco BS
Old 04-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #6
Thanks Mark,

What is the difference between OME and Toytec?
Old 04-28-2011, 06:33 PM   #7
trd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck
trd09's Tacoma Gallery
Love my 5100/TSB setup!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:24 AM   #8
Thanks Chuck,

That's what I'm thinking to go with, the ultimate Toytec with Bilstein 5100 and AAL TSB.