Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tug of war! who would win?

Old 04-26-2011, 05:24 PM   #1
sambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to behold

Name: Sam
sambojee's Tacoma Gallery
Tug of war! who would win?

My 06 2.7L 5 speed 4x4 Tacoma vs 99 chevy s-10 4.3L v6 4x4? we have about the same hp (well i compaired them on a website)...so who do u think would win?
Old 04-26-2011, 05:26 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Depends on tires, road condition, who is harder on the skinny pedal and many other things. Truck tug of wars are gay unless it is done professionally.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:28 PM   #3
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Depends on tires, road condition, who is harder on the skinny pedal and many other things. Truck tug of wars are gay unless it is done professionally.
x2, whos vehicle is heavier also. loan your truck full of bricks and hope he doesnt notice and air down without him knowing

edit: but i think maybe if you are less hard on the skinny pedal and dont spin the tires you might be better off?
Old 04-26-2011, 05:29 PM   #5
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Chevy
Old 04-26-2011, 05:29 PM   #6
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ohh shit muds... he might get ya buddy. air down to like 14psi.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:34 PM   #7
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambojee View Post
My 06 2.7L 5 speed 4x4 Tacoma vs 99 chevy s-10 4.3L v6 4x4? we have about the same hp (well i compaired them on a website)...so who do u think would win?
The one with traction,a locker , and the one who sits higher at the tow point since it often pulls you down for more traction and lift the other rig up slightly since its lower. Horsepower means nothing without traction.A 2.7 would pull a 4.0 toyota if it had traction and the v-6 did not.

In other words the truck might be irrelavent to traction, the tires , locker,etc win it. Go againts a 50 hp tractor in the farm field, I think you know who will win that one already.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:36 PM   #8
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
why are you asking us? go hook em up and do it! . . . then tell us who won.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:36 PM   #9
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoyota View Post
The one with traction,a locker , and the one who sits higher at the tow point since it often pulls you down for more traction and lift the other rig up slightly since its lower. Horsepower means nothing without traction.A 2.7 would pull a 4.0 toyota if it had traction and the v-6 did not.

In other words the truck might be irrelavent to traction, the tires , locker,etc win it. Go againts a 50 hp tractor in the farm field, I think you know who will win that one already.
VERY smart about the height thing. i never thought about that...

and does your truck have a locker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
and a video!
Old 04-26-2011, 05:42 PM   #11
sambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
yea i will. ive just got these 2 guys that always give me SOOOO much shit for driving a toyota and they drive chevys
Old 04-26-2011, 05:45 PM   #12
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
yea i will. ive just got these 2 guys that always give me SOOOO much shit for driving a toyota and they drive chevys
Who cares? Fuck them. They will probably pull you around then they will rag on you more. Again, tug of wars are gay. They prove nothing.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:46 PM   #13
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
VERY smart about the height thing. i never thought about that...

and does your truck have a locker?

and a video!
No , I stopped doing that when i was in the Navy, i lost the bumper on my 1/2 to a 3/4 ton chevy, he went back 2' got traction and pulled me then WHACK,bent bumper. That one had an LSD, also i got the trucks closer so as to get a bit better lift on the lower rig. my view is at some point 2 decent trucks will force a component to break, do it in gavel to avoid it and everything gets dented on sheet metal.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:47 PM   #14
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
S10's have a garbage power train. I would definitely say if you can grip well enough it won't even be a challenge. Throw some weight above the rear axle if you're worried.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:49 PM   #15
Banned
and air down alot but dont let him know
Old 04-26-2011, 06:54 PM   #16
1999 is on a distinguished road
1999's Tacoma Gallery
Chevy fo sho (if it actually happens). Im sure the kid in the chevy is down to do it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lXmo6OEkCc Exact Tacoma
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHOfN_RNSrQ Exact ZR2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgR_qFAeIV0 < Boss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m41f8fXjRpU Not meh

If you weigh it down it wont help if u air down the tires it wont help.
If you use 4 lo it wont help.
If your downhill it wont help.
If the chevy is in mud and yours is on dry land it wont help.
Plus the kids pretty stupid i dont think he would notice if the tires are way low and a shit load of bricks hanging in the back especially if you just dont tell him. Deuces
Old 04-26-2011, 07:05 PM   #17
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Chevy guys I was just having a conversation at work today with a hard core chevy guy. I guess I dont hate Chevy's but it's the attitude these guys have. But who cares? You are putting a 4 banger against a V-6 first, do they want to try against a 4.0? and second ask them who's truck will last longer! I know the big trucks are supposed to last, but the ass-10 are junk imo.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:11 PM   #18
buddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 2nd Bomb Wing
buddywh1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It ain't the hp it's the torque, gearing and traction...

a 2 liter 4 banger with a crawler low range would probably beat both of you if it had good enough traction. Always remember: "if I had a lever long enough I could move the Earth" (Archimedes).
Old 04-26-2011, 07:13 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999 View Post
Chevy fo sho (if it actually happens). Im sure the kid in the chevy is down to do it.

Plus the kids pretty stupid i dont think he would notice if the tires are way low and a shit load of bricks hanging in the back especially if you just dont tell him. Deuces
hahahaha! nice
Old 04-26-2011, 07:37 PM   #20
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999 View Post

One post and joined today just to say this? Sound like a Chevy(dumb) thing to do. Also sounds like the ZR2 is an auto and it is way easier to pull something with an auto.