Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Delay windshield wipers on '09 Tacoma?

Old 09-29-2008, 07:18 AM   #1
atea is on a distinguished road
Army:
atea's Tacoma Gallery
Delay windshield wipers on '09 Tacoma?

I miss having delay wipers on my '09 Tacoma Regular Cab. Had them on '94 Nissan reg. cab that I sold. Any one else have them on a different model Tacoma? Upgradeable? In this day and age, I wonder why they're not standard equipment.

Jim
Old 09-29-2008, 07:20 AM   #2
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
Do a quick thread search. A guy explained it all the other day. Its is possible and pretty easy if I remember. Anyway the info is there, I gotta go to work.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:30 AM   #3
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
pretty sure I have on my 08....

what exactally is "Delay windshield wipers"
Old 09-29-2008, 07:55 AM   #4
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Here's the install guide I wrote: DIY OEM intermittent wiper stalk

It should be the same for any of the tacoma's 2005 and newer.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:15 AM   #5
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
what exactally is "Delay windshield wipers"
Pretty sure it means the something as "intermittent wipers" they are not constant, there is a pause between each wipe that can be set as a short pause or long pause.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:31 AM   #6
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
Here's the install guide I wrote: DIY OEM intermittent wiper stalk

It should be the same for any of the tacoma's 2005 and newer.
that's a great write up Roland. Thanks.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:29 AM   #7
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
that's a great write up Roland. Thanks.
It used to be linked on the cheap mods page but the link disapeared.... but the crappy pictureless walkthru posted at TN is still there.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:22 PM   #8
atea is on a distinguished road
Army:
atea's Tacoma Gallery
Delay means the same as intermittent, i.e., there is a interval of time between movement of wipers. Hope this helps to clarify.

Thanks for comments as well as suggestions.