LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

pop & lock manual tailgate lock for 2009's

Old 12-10-2008, 04:25 AM   #21
Rickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of light
Air Force: Pilot
Name: Rick
Rickochet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
I'm ok but I have the Undercover Tonneau that keeps the tailgate from opening down.
Still want the lock for times I run without the Undercover.I did the tailgate trick with a kit instead of the hose clamp.
I saw the kits but I was in a hurry to get something on the gate. After installation of the clamps I filled in the screw driver slot with JB Weld then covered the hex head with heat shrink. Thieves would have to cut the heat shrink off then have a hex driver to get the clamps off. Still doable but might be just enough to slow them down so maybe they would go elsewhere.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:14 AM   #22
No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy
Teufel Hunden will become famous soon enoughTeufel Hunden will become famous soon enough

Marines: Sergeant, USMC, last unit: 3rd Batt./4th Mar., 7th Mar. Reg., 1st Mar. Div., Twentynine Palms, CA
Teufel Hunden's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm ok but I have the Undercover Tonneau that keeps the tailgate from opening down.
Still want the lock for times I run without the Undercover.I did the tailgate trick with a kit instead of the hose clamp.
I have an Undercover Tonneau also, so I have not been in a hurry to find a way to lock my tailgate. What kits are you referring too? Do you have a link or website where they are sold?
Old 12-10-2008, 07:23 AM   #23
Rickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel Hunden View Post
I have an Undercover Tonneau also, so I have not been in a hurry to find a way to lock my tailgate. What kits are you referring too? Do you have a link or website where they are sold?
The kit I saw was called Gatekeeper. You remove one of the tailgate hinge bolts and bolt on a metal piece that prevents the gate removal without removing the Gatekeeper part. Here is a linky:

http://www.jimmijammer.com/GK%20Inst...a%20Tacoma.htm

Rick
Old 12-10-2008, 07:24 AM   #24
Joe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to behold
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel Hunden View Post

I lost the site.
It was a $20 kit with a metal collar with a different allen head bolt which replaces the Torx bolt..The hoseclamp works almost as well and is much cheaper.
Do that until you get the Pop N Lock.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:25 AM   #25
Joe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to behold
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickochet View Post
The kit I saw was called Gatekeeper. You remove one of the tailgate hinge bolts and bolt on a metal piece that prevents the gate removal without removing the Gatekeeper part. Here is a linky:

Rick
Yeah,that's the one I have.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:39 AM   #26
No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy
Teufel Hunden will become famous soon enoughTeufel Hunden will become famous soon enough

Marines: Sergeant, USMC, last unit: 3rd Batt./4th Mar., 7th Mar. Reg., 1st Mar. Div., Twentynine Palms, CA
Teufel Hunden's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Rick
Quote:
I lost the site.
It was a $20 kit with a metal collar with a different allen head bolt which replaces the Torx bolt..The hoseclamp works almost as well and is much cheaper.
Do that until you get the Pop N Lock.
Thanks to both of you for the help!
Old 12-10-2008, 09:00 AM   #27
romeo oscar bravo
zero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nice

Name: Rob
zero niner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdeserted View Post
Just curious, what does the tailgate lock get its lock/unlock signal from?
I believe the signal is either taken from the brake light or from the drivers side door. The electric lock I had on my Tundra was connected to wiring inside of my drivers door and wire snaked underneath into the tail gate. Hope that helps and someone may clarify how it hooks up with the Tacoma.

Happy Holidays!

Rob
Old 01-15-2009, 01:48 PM   #28
Latest News on Tailgate Lock

Quote:
I emailed them I believe in late Oct.
Maybe it will be available sooner than mid Jan.
I'm going to buy one when available.

I emailed Pop and Lock today about the lock for the '09 Tacoma and got this:

"Pop & Lock should be shipping to our distributors by end of Feb/09"

Old 01-15-2009, 01:56 PM   #29
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero niner View Post
I believe the signal is either taken from the brake light or from the drivers side door. The electric lock I had on my Tundra was connected to wiring inside of my drivers door and wire snaked underneath into the tail gate. Hope that helps and someone may clarify how it hooks up with the Tacoma.

Happy Holidays!

Rob
You are tight, it is the same that I hook up mind 2009 Tacoma
Old 01-28-2009, 05:58 AM   #30
txusa03 is on a distinguished road
txusa03's Tacoma Gallery
does anyone knows if there is a version that is not electronic because my truck does not have power doors/windows.

Ok, I found my answer. In my case, I can go with the Pop N Lock type.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:42 PM   #31
Canadian member
tacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the rough

tacomian devil's Tacoma Gallery
Still Dyno-satisfied?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wing103 View Post
Here is the photos of the installation.
1st photo, is the Tacoma driver side, when u keen down, you will see the PVC round shade plug, you can cut the electrical tape, but becareful than you can pull the wire throught that hole to clamp the 2 wire to the blue/pink & blue/black wire. All hardwares is provided in the package.
2nd & 3rd photos are mount the lock unit on the tail gate.
It total took me about 1.5 hours to install it.
The instruction that come with the package is easy to understand.
Now I have the electric tail gate lock.
it will work when you lock & unlock your car doors.
Wing 103 -

Great pics and tidy install job! It sounds like a good, well designed product. Were you able to get the High Security Actuator with your "with back-up camera" in the tailgate model?

In the little video clip that Dynolock shows on their installation page for their "High Security Actuator / no back-up camera model", the device sounds and looks like it is failing (jamming?) in the open position.

Have you had any jamming issues/malfunctioning issues in the ~5months you have been using yours? Not that Boston is close to the weather extremes in Alberta, Canada, but you have some frigid weather at times, right?

Would you still recommend the electric Dynolock for owners with back-up camera? - Any limitations/considerations?

Thanks!
Old 02-15-2009, 12:58 PM   #32
romeo oscar bravo
zero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nice

Name: Rob
zero niner's Tacoma Gallery
latest update

I've been checking in periodically with the distributor, here's the latest estimate. It just keeps getting pushed out...

"PL5300 should be released to our distributors mid to late March.

Thanks again for your patience."

We can only wait patiently...

Rob
Old 02-15-2009, 11:00 PM   #33
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
The dyno lock is working wonderful, I do not have any issue or problem.
Either in the snow & ice storm... it still 100% working without any problem.
Iwill still recommend you to use it, remember if you use this lock, no one can steel your tail gate.
If you do a search, you will see one of our brother tailgate get stolen. I wish he find his tail gate soon.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:20 PM   #34
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero niner View Post
I've been checking in periodically with the distributor, here's the latest estimate. It just keeps getting pushed out...

"PL5300 should be released to our distributors mid to late March.

Thanks again for your patience."

We can only wait patiently...

Rob
I checked with a vendor who shows it on their website but it was not in stock 2 weeks ago. I got an email from them today saying that they cannot get an answer from Pop & Lock about when it will be available. This is really getting me pissed. I don't really need the backup cam in my '09 Taca and am thinking about trying to find a 05' - '08 handle and see if it will fit. I need a locked tailgate more than I need the fetchin' camera.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:43 PM   #35
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I checked with a vendor who shows it on their website but it was not in stock 2 weeks ago. I got an email from them today saying that they cannot get an answer from Pop & Lock about when it will be available. This is really getting me pissed. I don't really need the backup cam in my '09 Taca and am thinking about trying to find a 05' - '08 handle and see if it will fit. I need a locked tailgate more than I need the fetchin' camera.
Don't give up the camera for the lock.
You've waited this long,why not wait longer.
Call/email Pop and Lock,not the vendor for a time frame.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:11 PM   #36
Quote:
Don't give up the camera for the lock.
You've waited this long,why not wait longer.
Call/email Pop and Lock,not the vendor for a time frame.
I have done that and everytime I email Pop & Lock the date gets pushed back. This was supposed to be available in November and now we are into March maybe.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:22 PM   #37

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you want to sell the camera, I know one of my friend he is instresting.
Please PM me if you want to sell it, he have a 07 Tacoma,
Old 02-21-2009, 08:54 AM   #38
dozer711 is a name known to alldozer711 is a name known to alldozer711 is a name known to alldozer711 is a name known to alldozer711 is a name known to alldozer711 is a name known to all

dozer711's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I I don't really need the backup cam in my '09 Taca and am thinking about trying to find a 05' - '08 handle and see if it will fit.
The 2 mounting bolts are the same on the '09, it should fit easily.

Products Discussed in this Thread