Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

pop & lock manual tailgate lock for 2009's

Old 09-29-2008, 08:53 AM   #1
romeo oscar bravo
zero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nice

Name: Rob
zero niner's Tacoma Gallery
pop & lock manual tailgate lock for 2009's

Hello,

Just thought I'd post this, although it already may be news to the forum. I inquired with Pop & Lock about a tailgate lock for the new 2009 models and here was my received response -

"We are currently working on the manual lock for this truck. Prototype
should be on display at Sema and
production parts should be available in early 2009 from our distributors.
Part number will be PL5300.

Pop & Lock"

This should come in handy for those looking for a locking solution for our tailgates.

Rob
Old 09-29-2008, 09:13 AM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Good update. Thanks.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:09 AM   #3
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero niner View Post
Hello,

Just thought I'd post this, although it already may be news to the forum. I inquired with Pop & Lock about a tailgate lock for the new 2009 models and here was my received response -

Pop & Lock"

This should come in handy for those looking for a locking solution for our tailgates.

Rob
I already did that request 2 weeks ago, and I have the same reply.
But I find another company have the same stuff that will work on a 2009 Tacoma with the back up camera.
Here is the link
http://www.dynolock.com/trtalo.html
I am going to purchasing the electric one. Hope this help
Old 09-29-2008, 02:31 PM   #4
hate2work will become famous soon enoughhate2work will become famous soon enough
hate2work's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wing103 View Post
I already did that request 2 weeks ago, and I have the same reply.
But I find another company have the same stuff that will work on a 2009 Tacoma with the back up camera.
Here is the link
http://www.dynolock.com/trtalo.html
I am going to purchasing the electric one. Hope this help
Is it possible to retrofit this to the other 2nd gen Tacomas?
Old 09-29-2008, 07:53 PM   #6
romeo oscar bravo
zero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nice

Quote:
it will fit, see here http://www.dynolock.com/tota20upwita.html this is for 2009
If you don't mind, follow up and post a pic and review when you get this installed. Thanks for the info, I didn't realize someone already made a lock!

Rob
Old 10-04-2008, 07:46 PM   #8
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
Here is the photos of the installation.
1st photo, is the Tacoma driver side, when u keen down, you will see the PVC round shade plug, you can cut the electrical tape, but becareful than you can pull the wire throught that hole to clamp the 2 wire to the blue/pink & blue/black wire. All hardwares is provided in the package.
2nd & 3rd photos are mount the lock unit on the tail gate.
It total took me about 1.5 hours to install it.
The instruction that come with the package is easy to understand.
Now I have the electric tail gate lock.
it will work when you lock & unlock your car doors.
Attached Thumbnails
pop & lock manual tailgate lock for 2009's-imag0102.jpg   pop & lock manual tailgate lock for 2009's-imag0106.jpg   pop & lock manual tailgate lock for 2009's-imag0107.jpg  
Old 10-04-2008, 08:09 PM   #9
romeo oscar bravo

Quote:
1st photo, is the Tacoma driver side, when u keen down, you will see the PVC round shade plug, you can cut the electrical tape, but becareful than you can pull the wire throught that hole to clamp the 2 wire to the blue/pink & blue/black wire. All hardwares is provided in the package.
Awesome review! Thanks for posting pictures and your review on the installation, this will be a big help for those doing this project. Take care and thanks again!

Rob
Old 10-04-2008, 08:42 PM   #10

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Awesome review! Thanks for posting pictures and your review on the installation, this will be a big help for those doing this project. Take care and thanks again!

Rob
This is a great mod should do to our 09 Tacoma. I can now lock the tailgate and I can sleep at night sweet....... Also I am going to buy a recess toolbox, the one that flat to the top of the bed, because I have a soft cover on my lovely 09 Tacoma
Old 11-09-2008, 09:09 PM   #11
1.21jigowatts is on a distinguished road
1.21jigowatts's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This is a great mod should do to our 09 Tacoma. I can now lock the tailgate and I can sleep at night sweet....... Also I am going to buy a recess toolbox, the one that flat to the top of the bed, because I have a soft cover on my lovely 09 Tacoma

so you were able in install the electric lock and not lose function of the camera with the 09 unit?
Old 11-09-2008, 09:12 PM   #12
1.21jigowatts is on a distinguished road
1.21jigowatts's Tacoma Gallery
I wanna order this because I am afraid that with the addition of the built in camera, thefts of the tailgates are gonna go up... especially in some areas here in SO CAL.... I was never too technical or handy... so I'm not sure if I am going to be able to do it myself???
Old 11-10-2008, 07:34 AM   #13

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.21jigowatts View Post
I wanna order this because I am afraid that with the addition of the built in camera, thefts of the tailgates are gonna go up... especially in some areas here in SO CAL.... I was never too technical or handy... so I'm not sure if I am going to be able to do it myself???
Trust me it is easy to install, also the instruction, do provide a phone number for the technical support. So don't worry.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:11 PM   #14
Rickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of light
Air Force: Pilot
Name: Rick
Rickochet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hello,

Pop & Lock"

Rob
Anyone have any updates on when this might be available?

Rick
Old 12-09-2008, 10:22 PM   #15
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just curious, what does the tailgate lock get its lock/unlock signal from?
Old 12-10-2008, 03:49 AM   #16
Joe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to behold
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickochet View Post
Anyone have any updates on when this might be available?

Rick
When I emailed them,the reply was mid January.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:00 AM   #17
Rickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
When I emailed them,the reply was mid January.
When the subject first came up I had heard early Dec. but I guess that isn't going to happen.

Thanks for the info.

Rick
Old 12-10-2008, 04:03 AM   #18
Joe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to behold
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
When the subject first came up I had heard early Dec. but I guess that isn't going to happen.

Thanks for the info.

Rick
I emailed them I believe in late Oct.
Maybe it will be available sooner than mid Jan.
I'm going to buy one when available.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:10 AM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
I'm going to buy one when available.
Me too. I have done the hose clamps trick but without a locking bed cover I still get a bit antsy when I park my Taco in a public lot. An electric lock is not feasible for me because I have a bed cover that locks from the inside so if an electric lock failed I would have a real problem.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:14 AM   #20
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Me too. I have done the hose clamps trick but without a locking bed cover I still get a bit antsy when I park my Taco in a public lot. An electric lock is not feasible for me because I have a bed cover that locks from the inside so if an electric lock failed I would have a real problem.
I'm ok but I have the Undercover Tonneau that keeps the tailgate from opening down.
Still want the lock for times I run without the Undercover.I did the tailgate trick with a kit instead of the hose clamp.