Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Anyone running Fox 2.0 performance series?

Old 04-27-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
truesol3 is on a distinguished road
truesol3's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone running Fox 2.0 performance series?

New to tacomaworld and bought an 09 tacoma with fox shox on it and i know nothing about them. Just wondering if anyone else is using these and I have some questions about them.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:55 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
read into this, might help

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...-coilover.html
Old 04-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post

the only thing is mine arent coilovers and i cant seem to find anything about them. oh well thanks for the help
Old 04-29-2011, 05:11 PM   #4
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Are you referring to the rear shocks or the fronts?
Old 04-30-2011, 01:07 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by FixedTRD View Post
Are you referring to the rear shocks or the fronts?
I'm pretty sure both. Like I said I'm new to tacomaworld and a new Tacoma owner so I know nothing about trucks. So I'm trying to figure out what I have. They both say performance series on them.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:10 AM   #6
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Can you take a picture of it?
Old 04-30-2011, 01:57 AM   #7
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm it has fox shocks already on it? are they on the front or back? I was going to use them for both but went a different route, they are definitely one of the higher rated shocks out there. With a 2.0 i think you would be fine unless you plan on doing some desert racing and working them pretty hard constantly. What other questions did you have about them?

BTW welcome to TW

Here is what the fronts might look like, with or without the reservoir

Here is a picture of what the rear 2.0s might look like.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:18 PM   #8
my front looks nothing like that there is no resovoir and they are not coilovers. and i will get some pictures of them tomorrow. i appreciate the help
Old 05-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #9
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
front
[IMG][/IMG]

rear
Old 05-01-2011, 08:55 PM   #10
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wow, im clueless on these. I hope someone else can chim in that might know something. Typically fox shocks are great.... how is the ride with these?
Old 05-01-2011, 10:24 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody6047 View Post
Hmmm it has fox shocks already on it? are they on the front or back? I was going to use them for both but went a different route, they are definitely one of the higher rated shocks out there. With a 2.0 i think you would be fine unless you plan on doing some desert racing and working them pretty hard constantly. What other questions did you have about them?

BTW welcome to TW

Here is what the fronts might look like, with or without the reservoir

Here is a picture of what the rear 2.0s might look like.
i guess my question is whether or not i would need to replace my suspension if i were to lift my truck 3" and if these shocks are adjustable?

woody6047 the truck rides real smooth. my buddy has the trd off road with stock suspension and says mine rides much smoother
Old 05-01-2011, 10:30 PM   #12
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
The fronts seem to be adjustable....do you have the spanner wrench? Thats what you'd use to crank them up...if you look at the front you'll see that its threaded
Old 05-01-2011, 10:30 PM   #13
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
your shocks wont lift the rear...leaf springs do that
Old 05-01-2011, 10:33 PM   #14
McGrubber

Hmmm, i would contact FOX themselves and send them pictures of the shocks. Try to find serial numbers on them. Maybe they can help you out... so the truck sits at stock height with those shocks? I bet it does ride pretty nice. Those coils also look like they could be 2.5's you might run into some UCA issues with lifting. Id definitely do some research, i havnet seen anything like it.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:59 PM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
The fronts seem to be adjustable....do you have the spanner wrench? Thats what you'd use to crank them up...if you look at the front you'll see that its threaded

is it as easy as it sounds?
Old 05-26-2011, 08:35 AM   #16
Mytidawg is on a distinguished road

Name: Vince
Mytidawg's Tacoma Gallery
what do you guys think about these.....I can't seem to find many posts for anyone on here who has Fox coil overs...I'm thinking about getting these!...any ideas about how well they are....are they like just as good as Icons??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123
Old 05-26-2011, 08:40 AM   #17
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mytidawg View Post
what do you guys think about these.....I can't seem to find many posts for anyone on here who has Fox coil overs...I'm thinking about getting these!...any ideas about how well they are....are they like just as good as Icons??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123
thread jack...

OP, those ARE coilovers. coilovers = coil over the shock, which you have...

and they are adjustable, just turn the spanner nutt on the bottom of the front coils and it will raise or lower your truck. just remember the higher you go the stiffer the ride will get.