Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Help with Tacoma Tiedowns

Old 04-28-2011, 02:24 PM   #1
PCarnathan is on a distinguished road
Name: Pat
PCarnathan's Tacoma Gallery

My 2011 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 V6 Automatic came with a four-pack of removable tiedowns. I went to my local dealer to buy some more and they had only part number PT278-35075. These tiedowns are cool, but they're different from the ones I'd received with the truck.

I've attached a picture of both tiedowns - I'm looking for the one on the left. Can anyone tell me the correct part number? Many thanks in advance.

Pat in Menifee, CA
http://www.patcarnathan.com
Attached Thumbnails
Help with Tacoma Tiedowns-tacoma-tiedowns.jpg  
Old 04-28-2011, 02:30 PM   #2
Faster than a speeding ticket
Watari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Watari06V6's Tacoma Gallery
try this 35050-TD
Old 04-28-2011, 02:45 PM   #3
LostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LostRebel's Tacoma Gallery
If you're not in a hurry, the sets of tie-downs show up regularly in the B/S/T forum. There were a couple of sets in the last few weeks that were reasonably priced. You might want to search the B/S/T forums and see what kind of prices they have been bringing - I bet they are substantially less expensive than at the dealership.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:52 PM   #4
911tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed911tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed911tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed911tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed911tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed911tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed911tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed911tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed911tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed911tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed911tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Heavy Rescue, Paramedic
Name: Wendy
911tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
You wanna sell the little ones?
Old 04-28-2011, 03:26 PM   #5
PCarnathan is on a distinguished road
Name: Pat
PCarnathan's Tacoma Gallery

No, thanks, Wendy. The little tiedowns have their uses as well. The larger tiedowns snap in and out more easily, but the smaller cleats are better when you're using a bungee net or you need to tie down a tarp.

In my opinion...

Pat
Old 04-29-2011, 08:18 AM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
The tie downs are good for light weight and minor stuff. I added 4 extra D-rings in the bed for my dirt bike, way sturdier.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:57 AM   #7
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Check eBay for the ones you are looking for.

They show up for sale regularly. You should be able to pick up a set of 4 for around $40.

How much were the mini tie downs from the dealer? I've been looking for a set of those for a while......