Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My 2007 Indigo DC 4WD Build (Slowly)

Old 04-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #1
Casey31 will become famous soon enoughCasey31 will become famous soon enough

Name: Casey
Casey31's Tacoma Gallery
My 2007 Indigo DC 4WD Build (Slowly)

I am relatively new to the forum. Only made a couple of posts, and just started trying to post pics yesterday. Thought I would post a couple of my truck. Nowhere near the caliber of most trucks on this site but I am happy with it so far. Here she is as of about 2 months ago:

I have a 3 inch Pro Comp Lift, 17 inch Moto Metals, and 255 Goodyear Silent Armors. I have blacked out the badges. Since taking these pics, I have coated the rear bumper and lower valance with Plasti-Dip (take it easy on me guys), painted the chrome grill surround black, and done the Black Headlight Mod. I plan on redoing the BHLM and possibly tackling the Satoshi grill myself.

I don't know if you would really classify it as a build. I started getting into the cheap DIY mods since viewing this site and have just been enjoying making this truck my own.

Any thoughts, ideas, or comments are welcomed. Thanks.

Updated pics from 5/1/11:

Here it is with the lower valance blacked out, rear bumper Plasti-dipped, and the BHLM. Tried painting around the emblem on the grill color matched but it is kind of hard to see. Doesn't really stand out. Thinking about finding a grille assembly online somewhere to attempt the Satoshi but can't decide if I want to try and color match it or leave it black.

Sorry about the pics. Taking them with my cell phone. Any ideas on what mod to do next?

Wish list:
Satoshi grille
Avid or Westin for the front
New Seat Covers
New wheels and tires...eventually (Got about 30,000 miles left on those tires)
New exhaust
Old 04-28-2011, 08:48 PM   #2
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Indigo Ink!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #3

Casey31's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Thanks, I appreciate it!
Old 04-29-2011, 05:02 PM   #4
FLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
FLtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Indigo ink FTW!!
Old 05-04-2011, 02:18 AM   #5
05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
05offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have a picture of an indigo ink with a blacked out grill?
Old 05-04-2011, 02:43 AM   #6

Casey31's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is blacked out. It is just hard to see in the pics. Can't figure out how to make them bigger. Took them with my phone.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:18 AM   #7
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05offroad View Post
just colormatched here, but I know someone has it blacked out. Seen a few posted before.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:18 AM   #8
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
OP, the truck looks great! Need bigger sized pics though
Old 05-04-2011, 11:09 AM   #9
Nonfatwater7 is on a distinguished road

Nonfatwater7's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! You and I have pretty similar trucks! BIGGER PICS!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 04:58 PM   #10

Casey31's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, I know! I am going to work on the bigger pics. These came off of my phone. I like the long beds. Debated about that when I was buying mine but decided on the short instead.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:13 PM   #11
FLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

FLtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05offroad View Post
I do. My 2007 Indigo DC 4WD Build (Slowly)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1304557944.322734.jpg
Recently took off gator emblem to re paint but it will be back on eventually
Old 05-05-2011, 03:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickalapos View Post
I do. Attachment 99550
Recently took off gator emblem to re paint but it will be back on eventually
whats your wheel and tire setup? I like the look of yours. What size spacers? And you have spindles right? How much lift are you running exactly and what did it cost you?
Old 05-05-2011, 06:31 PM   #13

FLtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonfatwater7 View Post
whats your wheel and tire setup? I like the look of yours. What size spacers? And you have spindles right? How much lift are you running exactly and what did it cost you?
Wheels are stock 16s painted black with chrome accents. wrapped with bfg km2s 285/75r16. Running 1 1/4" spacers. Yes to spindles(total chaos) 3 1/2" + billies at 2.5 so around six in front and add a leaf and 3 inch block with rear 5100s till I can splurge on a allpro leaf pack or something.
Better shot of wheels to show. Crappy pic though from phone
Old 05-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickalapos View Post
Wheels are stock 16s painted black with chrome accents. wrapped with bfg km2s 285/75r16. Running 1 1/4" spacers. Yes to spindles(total chaos) 3 1/2" + billies at 2.5 so around six in front and add a leaf and 3 inch block with rear 5100s till I can splurge on a allpro leaf pack or something.
Better shot of wheels to show. Crappy pic though from phone
I am diggin your setup, nice work. yeah get that leaf pack though lol.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #15

FLtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonfatwater7 View Post
I am diggin your setup, nice work. yeah get that leaf pack though lol.
Thanks man. Yea leafpack and new uca to get my alignment right
Old 06-22-2011, 08:27 AM   #16
Resident Redneck
WhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
WhiskeyDeltaTango's Tacoma Gallery
I love those stickers on the back glass! Rocking the Maroon & White real close to TSUN aren't ya?
Old 06-23-2011, 03:54 PM   #17

Casey31's Tacoma Gallery
Too close to TSUN! I have had to take two graduate classes there for work and it was more than I could stand writing them a check!

MORE COWBELL!
Old 06-27-2011, 07:00 PM   #18
Resident Redneck
WhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I didnt think they took anything but trustfunds
Old 06-27-2011, 07:04 PM   #19
Resident Redneck

Old 06-27-2011, 07:12 PM   #20

Casey31's Tacoma Gallery
They sure as heck cashed my check!

My 9 year old loves it when they show that clip before the football games on the big screen! He goes into his "I got the fever and the only thing that will cure it is MORE COWBELL!"