Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Water pump!

Old 04-29-2011, 11:11 AM   #2
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Come on peeps! Hasn't anyone changed out there own waterpump? im in need of some serious help here? Need to replace mine ASAP, but cant see paying the shop $200.00 in labor for the job
Old 04-29-2011, 11:25 AM   #3
Back40 is on a distinguished road
Back40's Tacoma Gallery
Search and ye shall find..http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...mp-change.html
Old 04-29-2011, 03:21 PM   #5
sardog2111 is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: BM1
sardog2111's Tacoma Gallery
water pump

I did mine with a buddy in my driveway with basic tools. The only real pain is the removal of the upper housing by the throttle body. You can do it. It is no where near as easy a SB chevy 350. Plan on a afternoon, and the extra coolant and all that. if it is only 200.00 might not be a bad price to have them do it. But You can do it yourself, if you have the tools and the mechanical apptitude. Also change the thermostat out while you are in there pulling stuff apart. If you have any questons PM me.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:30 PM   #6
ecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ecoterragaia's Tacoma Gallery
I just had mine replaced under powertrain warranty . . . at only 18,000 miles. I wouldn't have even noticed if I hadn't been under the truck wiping spilled oil off the engine block. Seems to be design flaw that many are encountering, but is not well addressed on this forum. I know I was surprised that mine was leaking at such low mileage. Wonder if more people have leaks and just haven't noticed because the weep hole is so hard to see.

Good luck OP
Old 05-05-2011, 01:59 PM   #7
EvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EvilBetty's Tacoma Gallery
Just quoted $400 by Toyota to replace it on a 2007 2.7L I4 with 64K on it.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #8
Taco11 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
Taco11's Tacoma Gallery
64k?? Why so soon?