Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Homemade soft top for my tacoma.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
Tail Striker
flyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cam
flyboy.co2's Tacoma Gallery
Homemade soft top for my tacoma.

So as summer approaches, and I go back home to where my tools and supplies are, I've decided to build myself a softop for my Taco of my own design. Looking at vendors they are pretty $$ little things, and as nice as they look (pretty awesome), I've decided mine will look better haha! Anyway, once I get rolling on this I'll upload pictures and show the build. Have all the plans drawn out, and in theory it SHOULD work !!
Old 04-29-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet!! GL with the build!!
Old 04-29-2011, 02:13 PM   #4
kulcat is on a distinguished road
Name: Thomas
kulcat's Tacoma Gallery
I smell a group buy
Old 04-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #5
mike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
mike686's Tacoma Gallery
Im thinking about creating my own soft top if anyone knows where to get some fabric from ill be making the supports out of 3/4'' EMT or "electrical conduit"
Old 04-29-2011, 02:22 PM   #6
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
sub'd
Old 04-29-2011, 02:22 PM   #7
Banned
283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: boss
Location: somewhere endlessly searching for ways to offend BUTTHURTgirl
283's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy.co2 View Post
So as summer approaches, and I go back home to where my tools and supplies are, I've decided to build myself a softop for my Taco of my own design. Looking at vendors they are pretty $$ little things, and as nice as they look (pretty awesome), I've decided mine will look better haha! Anyway, once I get rolling on this I'll upload pictures and show the build. Have all the plans drawn out, and in theory it SHOULD work !!
Old 04-30-2011, 03:56 PM   #8
Tail Striker
flyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So here is the design concept. A little more aerodynamic than what the soft top companies offer.
i threw this together in photoshop last night, to see what it would look like on my truck. now to get some money together for the supplies!
Old 04-30-2011, 04:09 PM   #9
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So here is the design concept. A little more aerodynamic than what the soft top companies offer.
i threw this together in photoshop last night, to see what it would look like on my truck. now to get some money together for the supplies!
Very interesting.
I like it!
Good luck man!
Old 04-30-2011, 04:18 PM   #10
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Very nicely done! Congrats! Put it in a box and start selling them! Thermal expedition ones with sewn in thermal floors and walls, next!

Looks like a million $ business to me.

Steve
Old 04-30-2011, 04:23 PM   #11
Ready to travel
Sharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet Corp
Sharpie's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-30-2011, 04:39 PM   #12
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting looking concept.
Subbed for future pics.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:45 PM   #13
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
I was going to say it will probably liik like a piece of shit and I would be embarrassed to be seen in your truck but I really like the looks of that, is that something you photoshoped to your trk?
Old 04-30-2011, 04:47 PM   #14
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
subbed! very nice look!
Old 04-30-2011, 04:51 PM   #15
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by twfsa View Post
I was going to say it will probably liik like a piece of shit and I would be embarrassed to be seen in your truck but I really like the looks of that, is that something you photoshoped to your trk?
Yes he said right below the pic
Old 04-30-2011, 05:15 PM   #16
Tail Striker

Yes it is photo shopped, sorry I didn't put that before the picture. This is just the concept, I'll be doing a mock-up model in the mean time to make sure everything goes together right. Then going to work for the next week to get enough money to pay for all the materials I'll need. From there starts the fabrication. For the actual cloth cover, once I have the articulated from built and working, I'll be going to a professional sail maker my family uses for our boat, because they know how to sew waterproof material and I don't haha! I'll be taking pictures regularly once I start build and document what I use... etc etc.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:28 PM   #17
Ive got tiger blood
0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
0BlackTaco6's Tacoma Gallery
subd
Old 04-30-2011, 05:47 PM   #18
Banned
283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: boss
Location: somewhere endlessly searching for ways to offend BUTTHURTgirl
283's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
WANT!
Old 04-30-2011, 10:09 PM   #19
Lonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud of

Lonewolf's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck with your build.
Not my style though, kind of reminds me of an Avalanche with a cap.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:11 PM   #20
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
looks cool man!