Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I need your help!!!

Old 04-29-2011, 12:20 PM   #1
Ccsilva73 is on a distinguished road
Name: Cliff
Ccsilva73's Tacoma Gallery
I need your help!!!

What up gang? Been following this site for the past month and you guys have a ton of knowledge!!! I have checkout out BUILDS and are just awed by the set ups that you guys have!!! I am a soon to be NEW 2011 Tacoma PreRunner DCLB in Pyrite owner!!! Truck gets here on Monday!!! So does my Snugtop Cab Hi shell.....So excited!!! Anyways I have about $400 to spend on a lift or leveling kit...Here are my options...Can you guys please guide me in the right area... No offroading whatsoever...Simply a Road Queen....I'm in Hawaii....so shipping will run me another $100....So about $500 I have to spend....

A) Bilstein's all around set at 1.75 (front) and 1.5 inch AAL

B) Eibachs with stock Bilsteins set at 0 with 1.5 inch AAL (stock shocks in rear)

C) A suggestion that you have....
Thanks guys!!!

I know I don't want a spacer lift
Old 04-29-2011, 12:24 PM   #2
Oh yeah.....Or TOYTEC 885 coils up front with rear AAL (using stock shocks)
Old 04-29-2011, 12:27 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccsilva73 View Post
Oh yeah.....Or TOYTEC 885 coils up front with rear AAL (using stock shocks)
Old Man Emu makes the 885 coils. Not Toytec.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:28 PM   #4
yeah.....meant to say that it was on the Toytec website....right.....the OME 885 coils...with the AAL for $299....
Old 04-29-2011, 12:35 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
yeah.....meant to say that it was on the Toytec website....right.....the OME 885 coils...with the AAL for $299....
Search around and look thru the other threads regarding this topic, and some member vehicles, and how they use their trucks. You should be able to get a very educated idea of what route you want to take.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:38 PM   #6
I have searched...for one month....These are the 3 that I have come down to..... I am torn between the 3 of these...You should have seen my option list before this one..LOL!
Old 04-29-2011, 12:40 PM   #7

Quote:
I have searched...for one month....These are the 3 that I have come down to..... I am torn between the 3 of these...You should have seen my option list before this one..LOL!
Well.....Honestly $400 bucks isnt enough to do it up right. IMHO, You're better off saving a bit more money.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:48 PM   #8
Thanks Chris.....Your'e really making me feel better about getting level or lifting...
Old 04-29-2011, 01:52 PM   #9
wolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
wolfdog2314's Tacoma Gallery
I vote B. I have almost the same setup and I really like it!
Old 04-29-2011, 01:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Thanks Chris.....Your'e really making me feel better about getting level or lifting...
LOL...I dont mean to make things complicated, I only want the end result to be something youre happy with.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:39 PM   #12
TW's number one gear whore
davestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 ZULU
Name: David
davestaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverSound View Post
I say you go with OME coils and OME shocks up front. Do the rear later.
bro lean!!! lol
Old 04-29-2011, 04:42 PM   #13
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davestaco View Post
bro lean!!! lol
If he gets the 884, it should be about level. Throw in another $80 and get an AAL if going for the 885. Besides, Bro's are in the 909 and 951.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:49 PM   #14
TW's number one gear whore
davestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 ZULU
Name: David
davestaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverSound View Post
If he gets the 884, it should be about level. Throw in another $80 and get an AAL if going for the 885. Besides, Bro's are in the 909 and 951.
lol i always forget that 2nd gens dont get as much lift out of them coils as first gens