Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Overhead console

Old 05-01-2011, 01:02 PM   #21
Sideways is just really niceSideways is just really niceSideways is just really niceSideways is just really nice

Sideways's Tacoma Gallery
From what I understand the 6 lug wheel trucks are prewired for the sensor and console with the temp/compass.

Check behind the grille on the hood latch support for the sensor OR around and under the left (drivers side) headlight for the wiring for the sensor.
Some have found the sensor and the wiring, some have found just the wiring
Old 05-01-2011, 01:08 PM   #22
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
From what I understand the 6 lug wheel trucks are prewired for the sensor and console with the temp/compass.

Check behind the grille on the hood latch support for the sensor OR around and under the left (drivers side) headlight for the wiring for the sensor.
Some have found the sensor and the wiring, some have found just the wiring
I think thats the right one isnt it? I ddont know what else it could be. Do you have another console as well?
Old 05-01-2011, 01:43 PM   #23
TerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Terry
TerryS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
Alright, I checked and there are 2 wires going to that place. One is the light, and the other I THOUGHT was for a garage door opener? Maybe I was wrong. I will take a pic soon and see if you can tell. I hope its it. I really want this mod. My favourite part about modding vehicles is getting all the OEM mods. Love it
There is no wiring for a garage door opener. Looks as if you've found the wiring for the console. It also appears that you've got the temperature sensor. All you have to do now is to find an accessory meter console.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:46 PM   #24
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryS View Post
There is no wiring for a garage door opener. Looks as if you've found the wiring for the console. It also appears that you've got the temperature sensor. All you have to do now is to find an accessory meter console.
I suppose you dont have one kicking around???
See this is what gets me spending money. If I have something pre-wired and all, IMO theres no other option then to buy the rest. Damn you Toyota....damn you!
Old 05-01-2011, 01:50 PM   #25
TerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Terry
TerryS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
I suppose you dont have one kicking around???
See this is what gets me spending money. If I have something pre-wired and all, IMO theres no other option then to buy the rest. Damn you Toyota....damn you!
Got one, but not kicking around. I'll keep my eyes open and give you a shout if I find one. You start searching eBay, etc. You might even put up a WTB in the buy/sell/trade section. It's worth a shot.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:56 PM   #26
bizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to behold

bizjettech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper362 View Post
Can you retro fit one of these overhead consoles into a truck that doesn't have one fairly easily? Forgive my lazyness. When I search all I get are fix threads not install threads.
I did it.....
On my 2011 the wiring was already in the overhead. It was a plug and play.
Took 2 mins to install it.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:58 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryS View Post
Got one, but not kicking around. I'll keep my eyes open and give you a shout if I find one. You start searching eBay, etc. You might even put up a WTB in the buy/sell/trade section. It's worth a shot.
I was looking, and all are 05-08. Although some say 09 but that might be a type-o or something. Thanks for the help