Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Starting issues!!!

Old 04-29-2011, 03:50 PM   #1
fitzy3334 is on a distinguished road
fitzy3334's Tacoma Gallery
Starting issues!!!

I just want to get armed with any information before i make an appt with the dealer. bought brand new trd off road. about 8-10 times i would turn the key and i can hear the starter turn, the engine would sometime hesitate to catch and will catch. other times i can hear the starter turn and hear the engine try to catch and wouldnt catch. any ideas why this is going on?
Old 04-29-2011, 04:02 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
the battery is probably bad, go to napa/kraigens/autozone/chevron and get the battery checked
Old 04-29-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
black_magic2010 is on a distinguished road

Army: 644th Transcompany/1st I.D.
black_magic2010's Tacoma Gallery
That's happened to me twice. I'll try to start the engine and it won't start. I'll wait a few seconds and the truck will start. I have a 2010 with only 9000 miles.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:06 PM   #4
fitzy3334 is on a distinguished road
fitzy3334's Tacoma Gallery
yeah mine only has 3200. good call i'll have the battery checked. it seems to only happen mid day too after i already drove it
Old 04-29-2011, 04:12 PM   #5
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
That actually happens with mine about every 40-50 times I start my truck. It has since I have owned it, regardless of the battery life. It did it when my battery was 5 years old and has done it since I replaced it several months ago. Not sure why it does this... Truck runs perfectly otherwise.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:57 PM   #7
2 is 1, 1 is none.
StaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to behold

Army: HIARNG
Name: Mitch
StaticTaco's Tacoma Gallery
^ this. Seemed to help mine when t started doing that, just give the comp time to read the key, seems if you just insert and turn too quickly it'll do that false start.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:59 PM   #8
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverSound View Post
Insert key, wait two seconds then turn. See if that helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticTaco View Post
^ this. Seemed to help mine when t started doing that, just give the comp time to read the key, seems if you just insert and turn too quickly it'll do that false start.
Thanks guys. I will give this a try.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:59 PM   #9
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, it's a chipped key, so it'll take a little bit of time for your truck to recognize it. Try it out, a 1 - 2 seconds wait won't kill you.