Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New Leather Katzkin Interior (w/ PICS)

Old 04-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #41
sandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sandjunkie's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the compliments guys. I really like this mod and I think it was worth every penny. It smells so good when you open up the doors.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:20 PM   #42
Canadian144 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
Canadian144's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
Should have been a factory option... exactly like that.
Yeah, the factory gray leather is a little plain/boring. I love the two-tone!
Old 05-04-2011, 11:00 AM   #43
Oceanrunner is on a distinguished road

Oceanrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Do the armrests on the doors pop out?

That's one thing I never liked when I bought my Tacoma Toyota used cloth on the door armrests and it's hard to clean... Perfect location for my Labrador to slobber all over them!
Old 05-06-2011, 10:00 AM   #44
chatapuggy1 is on a distinguished road
chatapuggy1's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks again Aaron, I went over there and talked to Robert this morning about color choices. These guys do some of the best work I have even seen. They were busy this morning, a truck brought in a bunch of Priuses that were working on leather and then going back to the dealer, as he said they were hot right now and folks want the leather option.

He will do the seat heaters for 250 for both since they have the seats apart anyway. We are just working over some color choices now.

It does feel expensive, but I ask myself the question, how much is my time worth? Robert said next week if I get in Mon, they should be done with the current projects and I could have it by Tues. I am so getting this done.

Let me ask you this, I have one kid and I notice the car seat pushed the foam in and looks crappy, hows yours, I am thinking of having them pad it up more back there when I go in? You said you had kids, how do the rear seats hold up for you?

Thanks again for the tip.

Rich
Old 05-06-2011, 10:26 AM   #45
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
Should have been a factory option... exactly like that.
Not that I necessarily disagree but.... meh, what does it matter. The way I look at it Toyota would probably mark it up to twice as much $ for the option compared to katzkin with a pro install, and they probably wouldn't even offer full leather as most factory leather seats are only real leather on the sitting surfaces and vinyl on the rest. I seem to recall somebody mentioning that leather as a factory option in a 4runner is like $3k more than cloth. It only takes a few hour for a pro leather shop to do the aftermarket install and you get to customize it however you want. Even if you pay $1500 for it seems like a good deal to me. Plus since it is not offered from the factory getting aftermarket leather makes your Taco all the more unique. I don't really see what the advantage of factory leather would be other than a slight amount of convenience. IMO katzkin is better quality than a lot of leather interiors that I've seen in mid priced autos. Just my opinion.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:35 AM   #46
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
It looks fantastic. I love it.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #47
sandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatapuggy1 View Post
Thanks again Aaron, I went over there and talked to Robert this morning about color choices. These guys do some of the best work I have even seen. They were busy this morning, a truck brought in a bunch of Priuses that were working on leather and then going back to the dealer, as he said they were hot right now and folks want the leather option.

He will do the seat heaters for 250 for both since they have the seats apart anyway. We are just working over some color choices now.

It does feel expensive, but I ask myself the question, how much is my time worth? Robert said next week if I get in Mon, they should be done with the current projects and I could have it by Tues. I am so getting this done.

Let me ask you this, I have one kid and I notice the car seat pushed the foam in and looks crappy, hows yours, I am thinking of having them pad it up more back there when I go in? You said you had kids, how do the rear seats hold up for you?

Thanks again for the tip.

Rich
Glad it worked out for you. You will love it. I don't have car seats anymore. My boys are 11 and 13. When I did have car seats, I would fold a towel several times under the seat to prevent the dents and spread the pressure.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:42 PM   #48
Canadian144 is on a distinguished road
Canadian144's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenWA View Post
Not that I necessarily disagree but.... meh, what does it matter. The way I look at it Toyota would probably mark it up to twice as much $ for the option compared to katzkin with a pro install, and they probably wouldn't even offer full leather as most factory leather seats are only real leather on the sitting surfaces and vinyl on the rest. I seem to recall somebody mentioning that leather as a factory option in a 4runner is like $3k more than cloth. It only takes a few hour for a pro leather shop to do the aftermarket install and you get to customize it however you want. Even if you pay $1500 for it seems like a good deal to me. Plus since it is not offered from the factory getting aftermarket leather makes your Taco all the more unique. I don't really see what the advantage of factory leather would be other than a slight amount of convenience. IMO katzkin is better quality than a lot of leather interiors that I've seen in mid priced autos. Just my opinion.
It IS a factory option... at least in Canada. Quality feels fine. Just as good as in the 09 F150 that the Taco is replacing. Maybe one small tick below in quality. But very much on par. It's a $2k option up here, only available on Double Cab TRD sports. Grey is the only colour you can get it in, and it includes leather for the door panels and seat heaters for the front too.

Don't believe me?

Old 05-19-2011, 09:00 PM   #49
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian144 View Post
It IS a factory option... at least in Canada. It's a $2k option up here, only available on Double Cab TRD sports.
Looks great. Unless something has changed though I'm pretty positive that's not a factory option, but rather a dealer option (i.e., your dealership takes the stock truck to an aftermarket leather shop and then tacks on a dealership mark-up to the cost of the unstalled leather).
Old 05-19-2011, 09:05 PM   #50

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
sandjunkie, any chance you could post another pic or two of your console cover from different angles? I don't see any seams anywhere and just want to get some idea how it was affixed to the console lid. Was it just stretched all the way around the lid?
Old 05-19-2011, 09:59 PM   #51

Quote:
sandjunkie, any chance you could post another pic or two of your console cover from different angles? I don't see any seams anywhere and just want to get some idea how it was affixed to the console lid. Was it just stretched all the way around the lid?

I'll get some more shots this weekend. Yes, there are no seams and it is stretched around the lid. I didn't want any seams. I thought they would wear over time.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:02 PM   #52
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
I got swagger jacked! lol.

looks good man...
Old 05-19-2011, 10:04 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAD View Post
I got swagger jacked! lol.

looks good man...

You're passing me by with those new seats of yours. Get em in already so I can see what I need to start saving for.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:10 PM   #54
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I was under the impression that leather being an option came after '09, with previous models only offering cloth.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:11 PM   #55
Woodstocktaco is on a distinguished road
Woodstocktaco's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW - I got the leather installed as a dealer installed option when my truck was new in '09 for $1500 (including install). They used a Katzkin kit so the quality is top notch. I paid for it when I picked up the truck - a couple days after I brought it home the dealer sent someone to pick up the truck in the morning and brought it back to me the same afternoon with the new leather installed. Well worth the cost IMHO.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:36 PM   #56

Quote:

Here's the pics

Old 05-22-2011, 05:37 PM   #57
white+Peal has a spectacular aura aboutwhite+Peal has a spectacular aura about

Name: Kris
white+Peal's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to white+Peal
WOW. fucking beautiful
Old 05-22-2011, 05:44 PM   #58
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
definitely one of my favorite mods, i would do it if the weather wasn't so damn hot down here...
Old 05-22-2011, 05:59 PM   #60
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pster View Post
Do the leather covers just go over the fabric OEM, or do they take the cloth off?
They replace the cloth.

If you're just looking for a cover for over the cloth, I would recommend going with the Wet Okoles.